𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍: Warmth & Assistance

Half of a month had passed and it was a busy time for everyone as they seemed to be working on a big project to increase their reputation and effect on the citizens. The key to achieving this is the assignment that's been given to Nanami, intentionally done by the boss.

A capable man and an employee, he is. Skilled at his job and the type to be liked in the business world. His professionalism- manners and language, it will certainly be a boost to him. He could easily get promoted into an executive or maybe a team leader without any problem.

The first week of him starting out the project was troublesome and it was difficult to adjust. Research and thinking far ahead was needed for this, mostly the latter. He needed some help from someone who has a wider view in life and he knew who he should call for this.

"Nanami! How's the project going for you? Need some help?" The usual cheery but gentle voice of the woman spoke through the phone. "I have some trouble with having a wider perspective about this so I decided to call you." He replied as he typed on his laptop with one hand, the other holding the phone.

"Alright, tell me the details." Nanami went ahead and told the gist of the whole content and the female listened well, taking notes on a few parts. "I see. The approach that I'm thinking of here is, we should be mindful of the citizens and make sure that we gain their trust. Not easy but you shouldn't worry about that, the boss will take care of the impact. Your task here is creating plans and different routes that boss wil be using."

"Is that so? Why a month if this task is so simple?" The woman laughed at the question, "Now now, that whole deadline was just mercy for you. The boss is more brutal to the veterans in this job. You're still a newbie so, you're safe...for now." "HEY GET THAT FLASHLIGHT STRAIGHT!" The voice of Daigo's father came through the call and Nanami found this funny when he heard the woman panic and apologize in a rushed way.

"Sorry, Nanami, but I gotta help my father fix the TV that broke." "AIM THE FLASHLIGHT RIGHT, YOU BLIND CHILD. TALK TO YOUR BOYFRIEND LATER!" "Pops! Nanami's not my boyfriend!" Nanami let out a scoff at how the father and daughter interacted. He was relieved that the girl had a fun parent.

"Sorry about that, Nanami. I'll hang up now. Bye!" "Thank you for the help, Daigo-san." He hung up and placed his phone away. "Now then, let's get to it."

───────────────────────────────

Third week in the month, Nanami was almost done with the task thanks to a helping hand. He took the chance to work on it as he was on the job, even on breaks.

"You gonna eat lunch anytime soon, Nanami?" Daigo asked him with her lunchbox in hand. "I'll eat mine later." He replied without looking away from the screen of the laptop that he brought to work as the task that he's working on was there.

Her eyes looked for a small bag on his table but she saw nothing. Sighing, she gave a light kick to his chair and crossed her arms. "Relax, Nanami. You're taking this too seriously and it's affecting you negatively. Look at those dark undertones on your eyes." She placed her lunchbox down and opened it up, "You even forgot to bring your own lunch for today. Here, take a break from your task and eat." She picked up the food with chopsticks and she brought it near to his face.

"There's no need to do all this, Daigo-san. I can make up for my empty stomach in dinner." Nanami rejected the kindness that Daigo showed, showing more importance to accomplishing his task first. He refuses to let his guard down, afraid that he will get sidetracked because of the care and worry that Daigo was giving to him.