𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍: Blooming

The rain is pouring down heavily, the rumbling of thunder can be heard inside people's homes. Only a few are outside because of the heavy rain. The cold wind from the strength of the wind made the trees be swaying along with it.

All of this was seen with her eyes as she stared from the window while seated on a chair. "Coffee or hot cocoa? Which do you prefer?" Snapping out of her thoughts, she looked at him who asked a question.

"I'll have coffee, thanks." She answered. He retreats to brew some coffee for both of them and returns with two cups of coffee held by his hands and places it on the table.

She walks over to the table and takes a cup, sitting back on her chair and takes a sip from the warm coffee, the aroma of it hitting her nose as she brings the cup to her lips.

It was already noontime, but the sky says otherwise. There was silence between them as they take sips of their coffee, not knowing what to say and talk about.

He ends up sighing and setting down his almost empty cup on the table. "Daigo-san." He calls the woman across the table. Her eyes goes to him and she asks, "Hm? What is it, Nanami?"

He starts off with a simple topic, "How have you been? From the past few months." It was direct to the point, he wanted to know what she had been doing and how has she been coping at work. From what was been decided last time was very surprising and he too, didn't expect it to happen.

"I've been better. My father finally had a decent job so, I don't have to worry too much about my expenses." "At work?" She averted her eyes at that, she didn't want to bring up unnecessary points enough to start a conflict between them.

"It's alright. It got quiet for me and I had more focus in my work." She blatantly said whatever excuse that was randomly made up in her head, obviously it wasn't the truth, but she pushed it to be believable and hoped that he wouldn't notice her dishonesty.

"By the way, for how many years have you been working at the company?" "Almost or maybe 3 years already. Its nothing big, I'm just there for the pay. I have my priorities and I'm gonna do what will help me make that priority be done."

She sets down her empty cup on the table, leaning her chin on her hand as her elbow was supporting the weight. "Isn't it weird, Nanami? You're on your way to your first year in the company and able to secure a promotion while I'm on my third, still one of those average employees." She bitterly chuckled. "I'm glad that you're doing great, I have no envy for you. You'll do so much and achieve lots of things if you keep that up."

"You don't have to say that, Daigo-san." He said. "If I'll be honest, I'm still choosing which kind of life should I be living." He fixes his hair, combing his hair with his fingers. "I don't feel committed, I'll say that."

"So you don't know where to include yourself? That's why you feel detached even if you're living a stable life?" Nanami looks at her, she continues, "I'm sure you'll find the place you'll feel right with someday. Like a place where you can call it home." She smiles at him when she ended her sentence.

Nanami stands up from his seat and he walks towards Daigo, "Could you stand up, Daigo-san?" Unsure of what he's planning to do, she cooperatively stands up. "Turn around."

"Uhh..." "Don't worry, I won't do anything that'll discomfort you." He reassures. Daigo nods and faces the other way, "Is this go- Nanami?" She widens her eyes when she felt his arms wrap around her waist and he closes the gap between them.

Nanami rests his chin on her head as he hugged her from behind. No words were spoken for a bit, only the sound of their breathing and the beats of their hearts. She rests her arms on his that was wrapped around her waist, her hands placed on top of his warm and manly hands.