chapter 18

TW: Mentions of panic attacks

The next morning you groaned as the sun brightly came in through the windows. You rubbed your eyes before reaching out for Spencer. You jolted up when he wasn't there. You got out of bed and walked to the kitchen, loud laughter resounding around the room while Emily and Edward made breakfast for everyone. Spencer, Penelope and Derek were sitting at the bar.

"Well, good morning sleeping beauty," Morgan said with a teasing smile. "You sleep well?" he asked with a smirk on his face before looking at Spencer and back to you.

You narrowed your eyes at him suspiciously before walking over to the coffee machine to pour yourself a mug of coffee.

"Whoa, sugar honey bear! Your hair is a wild birds' nest if I've ever seen one," Penelope said raising a hand to her mouth. Everyone burst out laughing as you reached up to feel the knots that had developed while you slept.

"Ha-Ha, very funny," you mocked. You began walking to the bathroom, Spencer entering after you did. You stood in front of the mirror and looked at your bruised face. It didn't feel as sore as it looked like it did. "Jeez, I look God-awful."

"Hey don't say that, that's not true," Spencer said handing you your hairbrush from the drawer to your left. You rolled your eyes and said thanks as you took it from him. You began to brush them out, there was one that just wouldn't come out though.

"Can you help me with whatever that thing is at the back of my head?"

Spencer laughed as he took the brush from you and slowly began taking out the knot. "I didn't know you drooled when you slept," Spencer joked with you.

You gasped and lightly slapped his side when you reached your arm back. "Hey! That's not very nice! That's the first time I've been able to sleep in my bed since I got kidnapped!" Spencer finished taking the knot out and put the brush back in the drawer he got it from. "At least I don't snore."

Silence overtook the bathroom as Spencer helped you change the bandages around your abdomen. Your face remained tinted pink throughout the whole ordeal. His touch was feather light as he applied the antibiotic ointment you were given. After he finished washing his hands and you allowed your shirt to drop back down, he turned to you. He tilted your chin up to look into your eyes. He gently tucked a strand of hair behind your ear and dragged his thumb down your bottom lip, deepening your blush. You could have swore he smirked at you as he left you in the bathroom. You stood awestruck as a swarm of butterflies filled your stomach. 

What does this mean? 

By the time the you were back in the kitchen, most of the food was gone and everyone was halfway through their meal at the dining table. You sat beside Spencer at the bar- pancakes, bacon and scrambled eggs on both of your plates. Everyone was caught up in their own conversations. Edward and Penelope were talking about some SMP Minecraft server that was really popular right now while Derek was begging Emily to tell him what a "Sin to Win Weekend in Atlantic City" was. You and Spencer ate in silence, sneaking glances at each other, both of you fiddling with the chains you had from time to time.

Unfortunately, the fun had to an end. Everyone had to head to the office to do paperwork. Emily said that Hotch wanted you to stop by the office later that day to give him your statement. After that you'd have your week off of work. You didn't want to be gone for longer than that. Edward had to go to back home, he still decided to live with his alias, just in case anyone was still out there to get him; although, the two of you did exchange numbers. He said that he gave the flash drive to Hotch and that he didn't want it back.

...

In the late afternoon around 3 pm, you got ready and made your way to the office. You wore jeans that flared out at the bottoms, the tips of your brown heels peaked out and a white over the shoulder top that was tight around your abdomen and had puffed sleeves that stopped at your elbow. You had your watch on your left wrist, a few gold rings on your fingers. You decided against covering your tattoos, since you were just going to give a statement.