[31] the theory of identical genes

\\ so what am i to you?

you could find a reason

you could let me know

i won't blame you

i just didn't go

i'm coming home to you \\

imagine dragons - every night

[][][][][][]

Last show of the tour. We're back in the O2, ready to go out the way we started - with a fucking bang.

Except this time, I've got Taysie by my side and she doesn't want me to crash and burn on stage. Character development at its finest, right there.

We've got an hour before we're due to go on and honestly, I've never felt more ready. Mum and Dad are in the crowd tonight as are the rest of the guy's parents and Noah's sisters are here too, with Xander sitting with them. Like I said, we're going out with a bang.

Right now, we're chilling in the dressing room, Taysie curled up against my side, laughing and joking about random shit, until someone knocks on the door. Instantly, we know it's not one of the Access Denied guys because they never knock so it must be some stage crew.

Noah leaps up and throws open the door with a grin. "Greetings. How may we assist you this fine evening?"

Theo rolls his eyes and throws a cushion at Noah's head at his question. "Stop talking like a twat."

All our eyes land on the door to find a stagehand who's nervously looking at Noah. "Um, Mr Forrester?"

I stand up curiously. "Um, yeah?" No one calls me Mr Forrester. He must be new and no one has given him the lo-down that we're chill, casual people.

"There's a man here claiming to be your brother. He wants to see you," he stumbles and I let out a sigh.

Taysie cocks her head. "Didn't we give Xand and your families passes?"

I nod. "Yeah, but he's probably lost it, knowing him. I'll be right back." I lean down and press a quick kiss to her lips before heading out the door, following the stagehand.

We head towards the entrance of the building and I can hear the crowd starting to fill up the seats. The adrenaline is already coursing through my veins at the sound of the muffled talking and I can't wait to get up on that stage.

However, when the door opens and I see who's on the other side, I don't think I'll be able to get up there.

Because it's Ryan, our dead brother.

It's not Xander. That would be too easy. No, it's Ryan, who's been dead for over a month.

Without a word, I turn back to the stagehand, trying to keep it together as much as possible. My hands are shaking so I shove them into the pockets of my jeans. "Can you please go and get Taysie? She's the brunette in our dressing room."