[26] the theory of fingering bassists

\\ i turn my music up

i got my record on

from underneath the rubble

sing a rebel song

don't want to see

another generation drop

i'd rather be a comma

than a full stop \\

coldplay - every teardrop is a waterfall

[][][][][][]

"Okay, so I'm pretty sure I have the best news ever," Aiden states as he walks back onto the bus after disappearing God knows where.

"You pulled Mila Kunis?" Theo smirks, throwing his phone up and down and somehow successfully catching it each time. I have a sneaky suspicion that I try it, I'd drop my phone and smash the screen.

"So maybe the second-best news," Aiden shrugs with the same grin that he came in with, it not even wavering slightly.

Kade turns to him with a bored look. As he's not looking at me, I look at him. It's been a week since we had that night together. A week since I realised that I'm hopelessly in love with him. A week since we've touched or kissed or even been alone for a second. I think we're both a little scared to be because we know that if we were, we wouldn't be able to stop ourselves from saying 'fuck it' to everything. "Are you going to tell us or not?"

"Oh, yeah," Aiden chuckles, sliding into the seat next to Ella on the end of the leather bench. "Basically, I was talking to Nate and Seb earlier and Nate mentioned something about recording a few tracks while they're here in Cardiff. So, me being the wonderful me that I am, booked us some studio time to lay down that new track."

Oh my fucking God.

Today, I'm going to have to sing in front of people who aren't just the guys and Ella. I know I don't have to tie my name to it, but I'll know it's me and I know I'll be convinced the rest of the world will too. This is insane.

"No way," is all I manage to get out. For the first time, I'm glad Xander had to go home last week for rugby training. It's one less set of eyes staring at me.

"Uh-huh," he nods in response. "Two o'clock. We're booked in for four hours."

"Shit," Kade swears with a chuckle. "Hopefully it's enough time."

Theo nods. "It will be."

"Surely," Aiden shrugs before turning to Kade. "But it also gives you the chance to produce it."