[24] the theory of super cute hypothetical babies

\\ you're like second nature baby

you're just like breathin'

a melody that you hear

and you can't forget

and time goes by and i still need you

yeah you're worth the heartbreak and no regret

but i don't know how not to think about you \\

dan + shay - how not to

[][][][][][]

We get back to the hotel after dinner and without a glance in Kade's direction, I push Ella into our room and shut the door behind me, waiting a few seconds to make sure everyone has carried on their way before talking to her.

"I need you to do me a massive favour," I tell her, perching on the edge of my bed.

She raises an eyebrow at me with a sigh. "Why do I have a feeling I'm not going to like this?"

"Because you probably won't," I admit to her before taking a deep breath. "Can Theo stay in here tonight?"

A smirk spreads immediately on her face. "Why?"

"You know why," I say, shaking my head. "Please, El. I will owe you massively for this."

"I'm going to need a real good reason," she responds. "Theo snores. Ridiculously."

I can't help but frown at her. "Kade and I are having one last night together before we end things."

A look of disbelief washes over her and she doesn't blink for a good few seconds. "Why the fuck are you ending things? You guys just started."

"There's too much shit going on around us. It won't work," I wave her off, trying not to let it get to me. I'm failing. Massively. "So can Theo stay? You can spend the night asking him all kinds of philosophical questions that only he would be able to answer. Please, El."

Her eyes soften as she looks at me. "This means a lot to you, huh?"

I find myself nodding before I can think to control myself. "Yeah, it really does."

She lets out a breath before nodding. "Okay, fine. Just don't get pregnant and don't do drugs."

I let out a laugh as I pull her into a hug. "I think I can stick to those rules." I pause for a moment. "But the whole act of getting pregnant isn't off the table is it?"

"Oh my God," she laughs. "I'm not going to tell you whether you can or can't have sex with him. But if you do, just be safe, and don't tell Nate."

"We're very safe," I tell her. "We're responsible people."