Chapter 1

Author's Note: I'm only going to say this once. This IS a Hawks x Reader fic. The reader's name is Iris Yukimura. However, I've been chewed up and spit out by so many saying it's not a Hawks reader which is the only reason I've labeled it as an OC. I'm not going to put up with anymore negative. Sorry for the long wait on this sequel. A lot of things have happened and it has delayed me from working on it. I hope you guys enjoy this story, I've been working so hard on this. I wanted to get several chapters typed before starting to post this so I wouldn't be stressed out about typing up the next chapter. Anyway, enjoy and tell me what you think. This story is going to be a roller coaster of emotions. I also want to thank my friends shakestinyfist for being my editor and beta reader. Without her this story wouldn't have even come out as good as I think it's going to be.

Dedicating this story to my friend Danny who was murdered early February of this year (2021) and said he'd love to read this when I was ready to post it. I'll miss you my friend.

Song that helped me write this chapter: Someone you loved – Lewis Capaldi

Song for the entire fic idea and story is called: You are the Reason - Calum Scott

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

What is happiness? I keep asking myself that. I thought that happiness was being with someone you loved, having your dream job, lots of friends.. I don't know.

This has been a long journey since Keigo and I first met. I'll admit, when the commission gave Keigo this job, I barely saw him. It was hard, but he told me not to worry. I was there when the masses of heroes fought the Paranormal Liberation Army.

I was there for Keigo's recovery, too. He did get scarred, but he luckily was still had his wings. I was worried they wouldn't grow back. He was distant for a while after, but I gave him the space he needed.

Hado unfortunately was scarred from Dabi's attack, but it wasn't as serious as Keigo's. I guess right now, remembering everything that happened up until this point in time is nostalgic and kind of heartbreaking for me.

I remember the day that everything fell apart for me. I remember it a little too well..

"What about this one?" Hado said as she held up an overly girly top to show me. It was not much more than lace and gauzy fabric that would hug uncomfortably tight around the bust. I looked it over before scrunching my nose in disgust. "Nah. Not that one. I can see you wearing it, though." It suited her light and breezy personality far more than it did mine.

Hado looked at a mirror before walking over and holding it up to herself and smiling. "You're right. I'm claiming this one." She dropped it into her already budging basket of clothing she intended to buy.

I continued flipping through the clothing racks for anything I was even remotely interested in. I found a few cute black tops and shorts in my typical style. Hado somehow managed to convince me to purchase a black skirt and black thigh highs as well.

Hado sighed as she eyed my basket of clothing choices. "Iris, grab more things with color. Why is all of it black?" She scrunched her nose a little as she dug to the very bottom of the basket in hopes of finding anything that might remotely be counted as bright and cheery.

I shrugged. No chance of bright colors here, Hado. "Black goes with everything. What's the problem?"

I watched as she grabbed something from one of the clothing racks and shoved it in my direction.