Chapter 12

Pick up the pieces.. Pick up the pieces..

I slowly started to wake up. My head was a bit fuzzy, but my surroundings started to come into focus. I realized I was in my bathroom, and I was in the tub. Naked.

Wait.. when did I? The last thing I remember is talking to Dabi..

The water was murky, and my hands..

Is that blood?!

I had semi-dried blood all over my hands that stopped just before my elbows. I felt fine aside from the fact that I was covered in dirt and grime—I was just groggy and dirty.. and I was completely nude.

Did Dabi do this?

I heard a noise coming towards the door of the bathroom and immediately pulled the curtain closed and hugged myself. I heard the curtain jerk open and I squeezed my eyes shut.

"Oh, thank goodness! You're awake!"

I opened my eyes to see Hado looking at me with immense relief on her face.

"Hado-chan.. Did you do this?" I asked, indicating the fact I was naked, and in a tub full of water and soap suds.

Hado sighed giving me a nod. "Yes. Mirio couldn't get you to answer the door. So, he permeated through it and found you laying on the futon like that. He unlocked the door to let Tamaki and I in. They helped me get you to the bathroom. I'm the one who undressed you and put you in. You woke up shortly after." She knelt down and took my hand to examine the crescents of grime under my fingernails. "It doesn't look like your blood, either.. What in the world happened to you Iris?" She sat my hand back down on the edge of the tub and looked at me intently.

I sat there for the longest time trying to remember anything else and just couldn't. Everything was too foggy. I shook my head. "I'm afraid I don't remember.."

I don't think it's a good idea to tell her about Dabi right now, or what I've been doing with the league. They'd probably have a fit..

Hado's hand on my shoulder brought me out of my thoughts as she smiled gently at me. "It's okay. Just go ahead and get washed up. I'll be right outside if you need me. Mirio and Tamaki are out here too. We tried to clean up the mess that was around you when we found you. We were just finishing up when I heard you stirring in here. That's where we'll be. Just yell if you need anything."

I did exactly that. I practically scrubbed my skin raw in some areas. I wish I could remember what happened because I was at a loss. I only remember talking to Dabi about David wanting to test my abilities. If anything was said after that, I really can't remember. I drained the tub and started the shower to scrub what I couldn't remove in the tub and wash my hair.

It didn't take me too much longer to finish up getting clean and changing into some sweatpants and a baggy sweatshirt. I towel dried my hair, tossing the towel in the hamper as I peeked out of the bathroom. I saw Hado place a tray of tea on the coffee table as Mirio and Tamaki sat down in armchairs opposite of each other. Mirio was the first to notice when I calmly stepped from the bathroom.

He leaned forward in his seat, like he was resisting jumping up to greet me. "Iris! You're awake! Are you feeling okay?"

I watched as Hado looked over at me and Tamaki peeked around the chair he was sitting in. I stood there for a few more seconds before Hado patted the spot next to her on the futon. The silence was deafening was I made my way over to her.

I sighed, glancing at all of them. "I'm okay. I just have no memory of what happened. So, if you have any questions, I'm afraid I may not be able to answer them."