Chapter 22

I know it has been a long time since I have updated, and for that I'm sorry. I've been busy. But here is the next chapter! Lemme know what you all think because I threw in a new twist! Thanks to all who read! I love my readers! Let me know what yall think! ;)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the kissing continued, I could feel Lucas's body heat increasing, just like a normal teenage boy would do in these situations. But, the difference is...well....he is a wolf. So, this isn't exactly the same type of hormones a doctor would deal with on an average human male. No, this is probably ten times worse than any average person. Lucas, being an alpha and what not, is at the point of where his eyes are as pitch black as the night sky and it feels like I am hugging the sun.

"Baby...why do you think so much?", Lucas managed to get out as he was kissing me. I simply turned red a little bit from his response considering the fact that I forgot he could feel everything that I was feeling. I hope I didn't give the impression that I didn't like it or something. I mean, yes I like it, it's just I don't know if I am doing it for the right reason or not. I didn't want to have a mark from my mate until I was for sure that I loved him. Do I love Lucas? Could I imagine the rest of my life with him? Is he the best for me? Wait, what?! C'mon Kayleigh! He is your freaking mate for crying out loud! He is supposed to be the ONLY one for you! Why must you be such a dunce! If he isn't the best for you then you are totally screwed! What was I thinking? Gosh! But...do I really love him? I mean I have very deep feelings for him...but I thought the same when I was with Reed...but Reed, he-

"Kayleigh. Stop thinking about Reed. The more you think about him, the angrier I am going to get and I won't even wait until I makr you instead I will just take my happy butt to his house and whip him myself. Do I make myself clear?".

I never noticed my eyes were wide open until I felt them becoming dry. Blinking multiple times, I finally remade eye contact with Lucas as I nodded my head,"Yes Lucas. I'm sorry. I never meant to think about him, it's just I started thinking about the marking and stuff and I went into wondering about feelings and stuff and I compared something to him and then that all went out of hand and then you jumped in and started--".

I was then shut up by my head being met with a chest as a hand rested on the back of my head and soothed me along with an arm wrapped around my back. "Kayleigh...I am nothing like Reed. I swear it. I would never dream of treating you like that. I would rather kill m-".

I gave him a blank stare,"Don't say what I know what you're about to say.".

He looked off,"I was gonna say kill mice. I would rather kill mice.".

I rolled my eyes,"Uh-huh. Sure.".

He smirked then wrapped both arms around me,"C'mon baby. You know it is funny.".

"Yea yea. Whatever. By the way. You DO know we aren't mating right? Just marking, not mating..".

I felt him sigh as his chest sunk in a little bit. "Yes Kayleigh. I know that.", then, with my wolf hearing, I heard him say under his breath,"Unfortunately.".

I laughed,"Ha, ha. You are so funny.".

Lucas winked then took me along with him to sit down. He pulled me up into his lap and placed one of his hands on the bed. "Kayleigh...I feel like we should wait a bit.".

My eyes shot open wide,"Wait a little bit? For what?".

He smiled,"To mark. I feel like we are too young. I mean I would like for us to be a bit older because I mean we are only in the 10th grade. Let's wait until this time next year.".