Chapter 24

After about running over the twins, I pull up into an open parking spot and get out of the vehicle. Slamming the door behind me, I stomp over to the twins and scold them waving my pointer finger around in their face and yelling at them at how bad I would have felt had I ran over them. "What were you two doing running out in front of me in the first place?!".

They simply laughed as Brad managed to get out,"We saw you coming and decided why not play a little joke?".

I slapped him on the arm,"Joke? I could have killed you!".

Chad laughed,"Oh relax Kayleigh, we moved in time!". A sly grin played across his lips as he tried to cheer me up by poking me.

I slapped him,"No! Don't try to fix this! I'm already on edge tonight, and I don't want my wolf to take over!", I simmered down a little bit by breathing slowly and taking deep breaths,"Just be careful guys.". I am younger than these 2 and I am giving around orders like I am their own mother for crying out loud.

They nodded,"Yes ma'am!", and stood at attention like army soldiers. I shoved them playfully and then proceeded to the pack house. I wonder if Lucas is inside!

I couldn't stand the anticipation any longer and busted through the door and looked around excitedly.

But, of course - with my luck - there was a room full of people just staring at me like I was crazy or something. I hung my head in shame as my hand was still gripping the door knob. I slowly shut the door behind me and headed upstairs to the bathroom.

Are you kidding me?! I walk up in here acting like I own the place and barge the door down to see if Lucas is here yet and end up seeing everyone EXCEPT him.

I lock the door behind me and take care of business. I wash my hands afterwards and look at myself in the mirror. I noticed some bags under my eyes. Slight ones, but they were still there. Have I not been getting enough sleep?

A sudden pound on the door startled me and interrupted my conversations with myself as I jumped and let out a slight yelp.

"Kayleigh! Quit blowing up the bathroom and come on! It is time to eat!".

"Shut up, Brock! I'm not blowing it up! I'll come down when I freaking want to!".

It got quiet. Did that really make him leave? That never works!

Too soon.

Suddenly, the door that was blocking Brock from my vision was there no more. In fact, it was still in Brock's hands. Why he felt the need to rip the bathroom door off? I'm not quite sure myself. But, the scary part is, his eyes are dark.

"Brock?".

He just glared at me,"What did you say to me?".

I stepped back a little bit. I have never seen Brock like this,"What is up with you? You never act like this usually.".

He throws the door to the side and walks closer. Ok, too close Brock.

"Brock, what are you doing..".

His eyes just grew darker and darker. Why are they like this?

He smirked a bit. Oh wait a minute. I just realized one other person whose eyes get this dark almost everytime I'm alone with him.

Lucas.

I simply back up into a wall. Brock is going to try and mark me.... "Brock, whatever you are thinking, you need to stop now!".

He shook his head,"I can't. Have you not seen outside tonight?".

I cocked my head to the side,"What are you talking about?".