08 ⇢playing dress-up

PARIS, FRANCE
QUINCAMPOIX COSTUME SHOP

Marinette wandered around a costume shop near the school with her friends, surprised at how a few other Parisians seemed to be preparing for dress-up events as well.

In true Alya fashion, the determined girl managed to quietly—yet effectively—spread the word about Saturday night's party in just under a day, leaving Friday evening for everyone to throw together or purchase costumes.

The air in the classroom on Friday was thick with anticipation. Students were constantly shifting their heads to look at the clock, endlessly fidgeting with their pencils, or bouncing their legs in anticipation beneath their desks. The lycée kids never had many opportunities to let lose and party all together, and it was obvious that the students were ecstatic to be someone else for a night.

Marinette had simply come to the store for inspiration, set on putting her costume together herself. Her roommates, along with an excited Nino and reluctant Adrien, went with her, searching for costumes to purchase.

"Oh, Marinette! You'd look so good in this one!" Alya said sarcastically, holding up a 'Sexy Surgeon' costume.

The blunette rolled her eyes in response. "You'd probably fill it out better than I could, Alya." she said, glancing down at her semi-flat chest.

While Marinette was certainly better endowed at eighteen than she was in her youth, Alya had a full body will all of the right things in all of the right places. It was probably one of the many reasons Nino worshipped her so much.

"You'd be surprised what stuffing a few tissues in your bra can do, Marinette Dupain-Cheng." a snarky voice said from behind her.

The blunette rolled her eyes so hard, she was sure they would fall out of her head.

"Nice to see you too, Chloé," she started, turning around to face her rival. "Thanks for the sage advice, but I think I'll pass."

Chloé simply scoffed and slinked away into another section of the store, Sabrina by her side as usual.

Marinette brushed off the encounter and went back to looking at costumes, desperate to find a spark.

"I'm surprised she didn't spoil the party for everyone just out of spite." Alya said, quiet enough so that only the blunette at her side could hear it

Marinette shook her head. "Even bitches need to let loose every once in a while." she said with a snicker.

Alya giggled in response, walking away to search for a piece elsewhere in the store.

"Woah, look over here!" Alya said with a gasp, finding something she'd like. Marinette navigated her way to the girl, equally as shocked at what the girl found, but for a different reason altogether.

A display featuring a Ladybug costume, yo-yo and all, stood before the two.

Nino walked up behind the two girls, throwing an arm around his girlfriend. Adrien followed close behind his friend, still reserved as ever.

"Nino! We need to go as Ladybug and Chat Noir!" Alya pleaded. The boy shook his head, adjusting his cap.

"Sorry, babe. I just don't give off Chat Noir's vibe. You know I'm not slick enough." Nino said with a shrug.