19 ⇢ moving on

Breaking into the Agreste Mansion was easier than Marinette expected. She almost wished that they struggled a little more, as opposed to simply leading the powerful akuma to the home and coercing it to break down the front door.

Regardless of their entrance style, both Ladybug and Chat Noir soon stood in the entryway of the boy's home, the mansion looking just a little different when it was covered in rubble.

The akumatized villain was suddenly overtaken by Hawk Moth, the bright purple outline of his possession framing its eyes. Although the teen heroes couldn't hear Hawk Moth's end of the conversation, the akuma did most of the explaining for them.

"But, Hawk Moth, Ladybug and Chat Noir are here!" he grunted, arms swinging around aimlessly as the duo dodged the attacks.

A pause occurred in the beast's speech—Ladybug presumed that Hawk Moth was speaking to it. Then, an angry grunt came from the akuma.

Ladybug assumed that the creature before them had failed in a test of strength, a grotesque surplus of muscles now bulging beneath his unnaturally blue skin. The akuma must have stood at ten feet tall, making the girl grateful for the high ceilings in the Agreste home.

"What does it matter? I want everyone in the city to know how strong I am! I might as well start at one of the largest homes in the area." The akuma ceased his attacks in order to focus on the heated conversation with Hawk Moth.

"Perhaps we're fighting a little too close to home?" Chat loudly teased, a slight sneer infiltrating his usual joking tone.

It was then that the akuma became entirely possessed by Hawk Moth, something the duo had never seen before. While the attacks were still stalled, the akuma suddenly corrected its hunched posture, Hawk Moth's words coming out in the beast's deep tone. He was using the creature as a vessel, furthering his possession of the being.

"I thought you two were supposed to be the heroes of Paris? Not so heroic of you to destroy someone's property."

Chat simply rested his staff on his shoulders, letting his arms drape over it to rest. All Ladybug could do was stand there, allowing him to have his much needed confrontation. It was difficult for her to step back and let the boy take control, but she knew it was for the best.

"Hmm, and here I thought you were just a selfish man, Hawk Moth. Tell me, what has the Agreste family ever done for you?" Chat enquired. He didn't wait for a response from the man, stepping over the piles of rubble to open a large set of doors to his left.

"Get out of there!" the akumatized villain screeched before coming back to its senses. Although Hawk Moth was no longer using the monster as a mouthpiece, he was quite obviously shouting directions in its ear. The being reflexively swatted at Chat Noir, attempting to push him out of the room he forcefully entered.

Ladybug quickly ran after Chat as he tumbled through what she identified as an office of sorts, the villain leaving rubble in his path with each attack.

"How much destruction do we have to cause until you tell us where you're hiding?" Chat grunted out, vaulting around the room. The structure of the office was nearly compromised, cracks forming in the detailed ceiling.

Although he was trying to put up a front, Ladybug could see that her partner was tiring himself out. The akuma wasn't paying much attention to her, so she decided to take the opportunity and execute a sneak attack.