12 ⇢date or not-a-date?

Marinette made a mad dash to her closet once she entered her room. She quickly found the exact outfit she wanted to wear, a cute pair of pale blue sweatpants and a cropped zip-up hoodie. She threw her winter coat on over it and slipped on a pair of socks and sneakers, quickly running a brush through her messy hair once she had changed her clothes.

She didn't dare to waste any time, imagining the handsome blonde impatiently waiting for her downstairs.

Marinette rushed out of her Quad, slowing to a stop as she spotted a familiar face heading toward the stairwell. The blonde spoke up first, a disgusted look on her face as the blunette caught her eye.

"Where are you off to, Marinette Dupain-Cheng?"

None other than Chloé Bourgeois was standing between Marinette and her not-a-date. How ironic.

"I could ask you the same question."

Chloé may have scoffed at Marinette's reply in an attempt to rile her up, but as a whole, the girl remained cool. She had an adequate amount of dirt on the heiress sitting in her back pocket, after all.

"Come on, Dupain-Cheng. You and I both know that you're not making it down that stairwell until I know where you're off to." Chloé seethed, glaring at the girl. Her head was cocked to the side and her arms were crossed over her chest.

Marinette took in the girl's outfit, a skimpy pajama set similar to the one she wore to the movie night before the first day of school.

"By the way you're dressed, I assume you're going to see Kim?" Marinette said nonchalantly, shooting Chloé a glare to rival her own.

The rich girl was taken aback, her eyes widening. "N-no! Why would you even think I was off to his room! I'm going to see my Adrikins."

Things were just getting better and better for Marinette. Although she didn't want to admit it to herself, she enjoyed having the opportunity to give Chloé a taste of her own medicine.

"That's odd, because I'm going and meeting Adrien right now," Marinette placed her hands on her waist, sitting into her hip. "So, I'll remind you that I know about you and Kim." she retorted.

Chloé shook her head in anger, smoke practically coming out of her ears. "Why are you going to see my Adrikins? Are you going out?" she hissed, gesturing to the girl's ensemble.

Marinette rolled her eyes, placing a hand on the other girl's chest to push her back. "Math homework, and it's cold in here." she lied through her teeth. "But hey, I'm sure Kim would be ecstatic to know that even though you're hooking up with him, you've still placed a claim on Adrien. That is, if I ever feel the absolute need to tell him."

With that, Marinette turned on her heel and walked toward the stairwell, leaving Chloé dumbfounded.

She assumed that the rich girl understood her message loud and clear. Either Chloé needed to find equivalent dirt on Marinette—which was practically non-existent—or leave her alone. Marinette assumed that she would opt to do the latter.

Marinette headed down the stairs to return to the second floor, a new spring in her step after managing to shut up Chloé Bourgeois.

As she exited the stairwell, she saw Adrien standing outside the practice room, back leaned against the wall. He was scrolling on his phone, clearly just trying to kill time while waiting for his companion to return.

The young girl nearly melted into a puddle at the sight of him so relaxed. His natural beauty was illuminated in the moonlight, the contours of his face deepened by the shadows cast upon them.