- 24 -

~Madyson POV

"What was that all about?" I asked coming downstairs. "Uh, just some business stuff." He said. "No, don't do that. You promised not to keep me out the loop with this kind of stuff." I said.

"Remember that trip to Chicago?" He asked making me nod. "Yeah well that's who I was there to meet. Apparently, Millie sent me there to be killed because of what happened with the dudes who were giving her drugs. But, I got Trevae to turn it around and not kill me. All I had to do was kill one of her enemies. That failed because he had a gang full of dudes there. They threatened to kill me and Kairi if I ever came back." He said.

"Wow. That is, a lot."

"I know. Now I got twenty four hours to find this guy and kill him or she'll kill me." He sighed. "So what are you going to do?" I asked. "That's the thing, I don't know yet. I need to go see a friend of mine to see how this thing should play out." He said. "I'll be home in about two hours, we can do something when I get back?"

"Yeah. Tess will probably come over, she told me she would." I said making him shake his head. "What's that all about?"

"Your best friend is crazy man. She came by yesterday like she was trying to fight me." He said making me laugh. "You have to excuse her. She is just very protective of me." I said. "Can't compete with that." He said.

"I'll see you later." He said kissing me.

**

~Dave POV

"Hold on, repeat that again." Jarnez said. "I'm not saying that whole story over again. I need a way to get out of this shit. Cause if I don't, me and my daughter gone get killed." I said.

"If it was me, I'd kill the mutha fucka." He said. "He threatened my daughter."

"Exactly. You can't let that shit slide. Catch that bitch ass nigga alone before the night is over with. Send one right through his brains yo." He said. "How sure are you that them niggas won't know it was me?"

"If this the same Jason we talking about, that nigga got enemies all across this country. Hell, he even got enemies outside of the country. You wouldn't be the first person he suspected."

~Madyson POV

"Your face looks like its clearing up." Tess said as she walked into the house. "Tess, don't start." I said laughing a little. "Dave said you came by yesterday, What was that about?" I asked. "Just wanted to check in you guys. Nothing major."

"Before Dave and I started dating, you couldn't wait until we got together. Now that we are together, you act like you don't fuck with the man no more." I said. "Can you blame me? I mean he cheated on you and then somehow, you magically appear with a bruise on your face."

"A bruise that I told you I got from hurting myself. Trust me, Dave did not touch me. If he did, I wouldn't still be in this house." I said. "You better not."

"You know, he asked me to move in with him. Like permanently." I said. "You're not going to say yes are you?" She asked. "Is it bad that I don't know?"

"I mean y'all relationship isn't even legit yet. Your answer should automatically be no. You didn't move in with Ken until y'all were a year into the relationship. What's so different now?" She asked. "All I said was that I don't know. I probably won't though." I shrugged.

**Later That Night**

~Dave POV

"Make sure you call me the minute this is all over." Madyson said as I got dressed. "I promise you baby, I will be fine. I'll be in and out of there within five minutes." I said. "Okay." I grabbed my gun putting my silencer on it and placing it in the pocket of my coat. "Don't wait up."

I walked out to my car and pulled off.

**

I pulled up to the house seeing only one car in the driveway. I had to play it safe this time and make sure nobody else was here. I walked around the house looking through all the windows. After looking around, I figured I'd take a simple approach.

Ringing the doorbell and killing him right there.

I rung the doorbell but didn't get a response. I rung one more time and got the same thing. I walked around to the back door and it was unlocked. "The hell." I said to myself. I pulled out my gun walking inside. As I was walking, a smell hit my nose.

"What the fuck." I said pulling my shirt over my nose. I walked into room seeing a body on the floor. I used my foot to turn over the body and see their face. It was Jason with a bullet to his head.

He's dead already.

**

"You didn't call me." Madyson said as I walked into the room. "Well, that was because I didn't have to do anything. When I got there, the guy was already dead." I said making her raise a brow. "I don't know how or who did it, but they just saved me a lot of problems." I said sitting on the bed.

"I'm glad somebody did it and not you. I couldn't deal with something happening to you again." She sighed. "Well now you don't have to worry about that."

**Next Day**

"They opened up the shopping malls today. You wanna go?" Madyson asked. "Uh sure, I need to pick up some shoes for Kairi. Her birthday is coming up." I said. "Good. Cause I need to get some new fits for my vacation with Tess. We supposed to be going to Miami in two weeks and ya girl got to be looking right." She said looking in the mirror.

"Ahh you can't be looking to right now. Can't let everybody see what I got." I said wrapping my arms around her. "Hmm, we'll see about that."

After getting dressed, we went out to the car and made our way to the mall.

"So, you given any thought about what we talked about the other day?" I asked referring to her moving in with me. "I thought about it. I think I'm still going to need a little bit more time to think about it." She said. "I don't want to pressure you."

"You're not pressuring me. I just don't want to rush into things I'm not ready for. After wasting three years with Ken, I don't want to do that again, you know?" She asked. "Yeah, I understand completely."

**

"Didn't expect it to be this packed." Madyson said as we pulled up. "Everybody and they mama in this hoe." I said shaking my head. "Speaking of mama's." I said looking down at my ringing phone. "Give me a second."

"Wassup mama." I said answering the phone.

"Baby, I need you to listen to me." She said with her voice cracking.

"Ma are you crying?"

"I am so sorry."

"Mama what's going on?" I asked.

"About an hour ago, I got a call from Kairi's school. They said the kids were outside for recess. When they were walking back in, a car drove past and starting shooting." She said making my heart drop.

"What the fuck are you talking about?"

"Kairi was shot baby. The hospital tried everything baby. They tried everything."

"Mama what are you saying right now." I said feeling tears form in my eyes.

"Kairi's gone baby."

MAKE SURE TO VOTE ⭐️
MAKE SURE TO COMMENT 💬
MAKE SURE TO ADD TO YOUR LIBRARY 📚

~ashkash2 💋