- 28 -

**Next Day**

~Madyson POV

"NYPD OPEN UP!" I heard banging on the door causing me to jump out of my sleep. I looked over and Dave wasn't in the bed. I put on my robe and went downstairs only to have my arm yanked by Dave into a corner. "You called the fucking cops?" He asked. "No, no I swear." I said. My heart was beating like crazy. "Let me go to the door. I'll send them away." I said. "If you say anything to them, I swear to God I wil-" I cut him off. "I won't. I promise."

He let me go and I walked to the door opening it. "Good morning officers. How can I help you this morning?" I asked. "We got a domestic call this morning to this address." The cop said. "You may have the wrong house, I didn't call anyone." I said. "Looks a bit chaotic back there." He said looking at the living room behind me. After Tess left yesterday, things went left.

**Flashback**

"Dave I promise I didn't tell her anything." I said backing up. "Then how the fuck did she know to come here for that shit?" He asked walking towards me. "I try with you Madyson. Baby I really do try. But you keep playing with me like I'm fucking stupid. DO I LOOK STUPID TO YOU!" He yelled. "N-No." I said. He grabbed me pushing me on the glass table causing it to shatter everywhere. "If I had the energy to fuck you up, I would." He said standing over me.

"Clean this shit up."

**Flashback Over**

"Just partied a little too hard last night." I shrugged. "You hear alone?" He asked. "Uh, yeah." I said. "So you wouldn't mind us taking a look around then." He said trying to step in but I stopped him. "Actually I do. Officer, I promise there is nothing to worry about here. Now if you'd excuse me, I'd like to get back to my day." I closed the door feeling tears starting to form.

"You did good." Dave said walking up behind me grabbing me by the waist. "See how easy it was to just listen and do what I tell you to do." He smiled. "I have to go get ready for work." I said trying to walk past him only to have him grab me by my hair. "No. No you're not going to get ready for work cause you ain't going to work." He said tightening his grip on my hair. "Dave plea-" He cut me off. "You may have did good with getting that cop away from here. But I need to know how the fuck that cop got here in the first place." He said.

"I told you, I didn't call them."

"I know you didn't baby. It was that bitch Tess. So what you're going to do now is go over her house. You're going to tell her to not ever do that again because if she does, you'll end up dead. Now I'm trusting you to do what I asked, nothing more, nothing less. Got it?" He asked. "Yes Dave. I got it." I sighed.

**

I pulled up to Tess' house and rung the doorbell. "Oh my gosh! I'm so glad the cops arrested his ass. I already got you a little room set up, Dom doesn't mind. You c-" I cut her off. "Tess stop. What are you talking about?" I asked. "You're here because the cops came right?"

"Why did you do that Tess. You didn't need to call the cops on him." I said. "Really? Did you look at yourself this morning. You look fucking miserable." She said. "Don't do that anymore. Please." I said. "So wait, he's not sitting in a cell right now?"

"No."

"Are you serious Maddy. What type of shit has this nigga put in your head. He does not love you. He does not care for you. This is abuse! You need to stay here with me and send that nigga to jail." She said. "I have to go. Please don't call the cops anymore."

~Dave POV

There was a knock at my door. I opened the door seeing my mom. "You didn't tell me you were coming over." I said. "I didn't think I had to." She said walking in. "How you holding up?" She asked as we sat on the couch. "As good as I can."

"Nobody has heard from you. You didn't even come to her funeral Dave." She said. "I didn't want to see Kairi like that. I couldn't." I said. "That was your chance to say goodbye to your daughter."

"I said goodbye to her at the hospital ma. I wasn't about to watch my daughter who was so full of life get buried into the ground. That's just making it harder for me" I said rubbing my hands down my face. "No, you're making it harder yourself. You completely shut your family out. People have been trying to reach out to you and you're declining their calls. You're alone and you need your family here."

"Ma, I promise you, I'll be fine. Is that all?"

"No, it's not. Is Madyson here?" She asked. "She stepped out for a minute. What you need with her?" I asked. "I don't need anything with her. I just didn't want her to hear this." She said making me raise a brow. "Kairi isn't the only reason why I've been trying to reach out to you." She said.

"I went to the doctor last week and they told me that the cancer is back."

"Ma stop playing with me right now." I said. "I'm not Dave. I had been feeling sick for a while and they told me it's back." She said. "How bad is it?"

"Stage three. And the doctor said at this rate, it's not looking good." She said making my heart drop. "Is there something we can do? Can we get you surgery, you need money ca-" She cut me off. "Dave, there's nothing I can do right now. There's nothing you can do about it."

"So what's going to happen?"

"I have another appointment tomorrow with a doctor in Philly. They'll tell me everything I need to know. So for now just pray and hope that I can beat this thing again."

**Later That Night**

~Madyson POV

"Where you been?" Dave asked as I walked in the house. After I left Tess' house, I never came home. "I just drove around to clear my head." I said trying to walk past him. "Come here."

"Dave please, I promise I didn't d-" He cut me off. "Man ain't nobody about to fucking hit you. Come here." He said. I sat my bag down and walked over to him. "I'm leaving in the morning to go to Philly." He said. "What's in Philly?" I asked. "A couple years ago my mom had cancer. It was stage one so it wasn't major and she beat it. But now it's back and it's stage three. They're sending her to a doctor in Philly and I'm going with her."

"Okay. Do you need me to go with y-" He cut me off. "You're going to stay here. I'm trusting you to not do anything fucking stupid. I'll be back in two days and when I come back, I expect you still be here. If I come back and you're not here, I will find you. And I promise you, it won't be pretty." He said. "Understood?"

"Understood."

He got off the couch walking upstairs. "I'm going to bed." This was it. This was my opportunity to get out of here before things got worse.

The question is, how?

MAKE SURE TO VOTE ⭐️
MAKE SURE TO COMMENT 💬
MAKE SURE TO ADD TO YOUR LIBRARY 📚

~ashkash2 💋