- 43 -

~Madyson POV

"So what exactly do we do here?" I asked Caleb as I sat on the couch. "Eat, sleep, and shit." He sighed. "It's TV's in the room. He restocks food here all the time so there's plenty of it. Guns in every room and every compartment you can think of." He said sitting down.

"How do we know when this is all over?" I asked. "When you hear a knock on that front door."

"That's it?"

"Yep. The only time the phone rings is if there's a problem. So don't call Jarnez unless something is wrong." He said. "I can't even call to check on him?" I asked. "If you want to get cussed out go for it. If he calls, that means its a problem. If you call him, he's going to think something is wrong. Therefore, nobody call nobody and we'll all be fine." He said.

It was a quick silence before he spoke again.

"Can I ask you a question?" He asked "Sure." I said. "Why did you stay? With Dave I mean." He asked. "You don't have to answer that."

"No it's okay. I stayed because I felt like I didn't have a choice. You know, the first time he hit me was after he lost his daughter. My mind was telling me that it was just the frustration from the loss so I just let it go. Maybe a week or two later I felt as if he was just letting out the anger again so I ignored it for some reason. But then it kept continuing after. The more he hit me the more he started telling me he loved me and that he was sorry. I did threaten to leave though. Once. He told me if I ever left him that he would hunt me down and kill me. I knew then that there was no point in even trying to run."

"What about calling the police?"

"That was never an option for me. You see how this situation turned out. It's only better now because I have help. Before I had nobody to run to. And when this is all over again, I can finally move on and live my life." I said. "Yep. You can move on with my brother. Have my four nephews and be done."

"Yep you're crazy. I'm going to lay down." I said laughing. I went into the room.

This is so dreadful.

Not knowing how long I was going to be here, I did bring some things to keep me company. I pulled out my makeup bag sitting in front of the mirror. "Let's see how much talent of this I got left in me." I said to myself.

**

After two hours of playing in makeup, I was finished. I went out to the living room seeing Caleb on the couch. "You missed the part where I said you couldn't go nowhere?" He asked looking at my full face of makeup. "I got bored. I just did it for fun." I shrugged sitting down. "Hmm. I got something for that boredom." He said walking off. Knowing how Caleb is, I was scared to see what he was about bring out. He came back out with two bottles.

Hennessy and an empty soda bottle.

"You're a little young to be dealing with alcohol don't you think?" I asked. "Old enough. This is a game I like to call truth or drink. You spin the bottle. If it lands on you, I get to ask you anything that I want to. If you don't want to answer it, you have to take shot. And vice versa." He smiled. "In other words, you're trying to get me drunk."

"Just a way to get to know each other that's all. I'll spin first." He said. He spun the bottle and of course, it landed on me.

"First question, do you have a crush on my brother?" He asked. "I'm too old for crushes." I said. "So no?" He asked raising a brow. "I'm not a sucker, I'll answer truthfully. Yes, I have a "crush" on your brother." I said putting air quotes over the word crush.

"My turn."

I spun the bottle and it landed on him. What can I ask him?

"What's the grimiest thing you've ever done?" I asked. "Hmm. Last year, I had this one shorty. She wanted me but not gone lie, I just wanted to fuck. Jarnez was gone for the weekend so I invited her over. His room looked way better than mine so I lied and said it was mine. We had sex in his bed and I don't recall washing the sheets." He said. "Nasty." I said shaking my head.

He spun the bottle and it landed on me. "Did you and my brother actually have sex?" He asked. I grabbed the bottle of Hennessy and took a shot. "I guess I know the answer." He said laughing a little.

We continued the game taking shots and having fun.

**

"Okay, okay, here's my question. Has Jarnez said anything about me?" I asked. "Sexually?" He asked raising a brow.

"Anything."

"Maybe." He shrugged. "Are you going to tell me?" I asked. "That, I will not do. I keep my brother's word. You can ask him when you see him." He said taking a shot. "Now I don't plan on getting sloppy drunk tonight so we're going to end this game here." He said. "Wimp."

"Hush up." He said. "You're a cool person Madyson. I don't see how anybody could hurt you." He said. "If only everyone had that mindset." I scoffed. "I'm about to go shower, holler if you need me." He said walking off. I walked off going into my bedroom.

I sat on the bed looking at the phone that Jarnez gave me. There was three missed calls on it. "Oh shit." I said. I dialed the number and it went to voicemail. "Dammit." A few seconds later the phone rung again.

"Hello." I said answering the phone. "Jarnez?" I said without getting a response. "Jarnez if you're talking I can't hear you." I said. Before I could say anything else, the line cut off. "Hey Caleb!" I called out. "Yeah?"

"Did you get any missed calls from Jarnez?" I asked. "I don't think so. I'll check when I get out the shower." He said. I disregarded it in hopes of getting a call back later. I went out into the kitchen looking in the fridge. "Damn, he wasn't lying when he said he keeps the fridge stocked." I said to myself. I heard my phone ding and I rushed over to it.

From Jarnez: He's dead now. On my way to you.
Delivered: 11:17 p.m

I felt a sense of relief.

A few moments later, there was a knock on the door. I went over to open it and I felt my heart drop. I was greeted with the muzzle of a gun.

"Told you this wasn't over." Dave said with a smile. "H-How did you find me?" I asked. "It wasn't that hard." He said. I looked down at his shirt that had blood in it. "You texted me. You said someone was dead." I said as my heartbeat sped up. "As you see, that someone ain't me." He smirked. "CALEB!" I yelled.

Before I could run, everything went black.

MAKE SURE TO VOTE ⭐️
MAKE SURE TO COMMENT 💬
MAKE SURE TO ADD TO YOUR LIBRARY 📚

~ashkash2 💋