- 36 -

~Dave POV

"I'm gone ask you this one time and one time only. Where the fuck did you get this phone?" I asked Madyson.

"And don't lie to me."

"Before you found me at the hotel with Tess, we discussed a plan for me to escape if you found me again. She gave me this phone to use to contact her for emergencies but I promise you I haven't spoken to anyone on that phone Dave." She said making me laugh a little. "So if I look through this phone I won't see anything?" I asked but she didn't answer.

"ANSWER ME!"

"N-No. There's nothing in the phone I promise." She said. "Then here. Unlock it." I said. "Unlock it and hand it right fucking back." She unlocked the phone and handed it to me. She was right, there was nothing there. "I'll be keeping this phone with me just to make sure you don't try nothing stupid." I got in the bed and dozed off.

**Next Morning**

~Madyson POV

I woke up out the bed but I didn't see Dave. "Dave are you in here?" I asked getting up. I looked in the bathroom and he wasn't there. I started looking around the room to see if he left the phone. "Come on, come on." I said. I went in his suitcase hoping it would be there. "He's been drunk off his ass the last few days there's no way he remembered the phone." I said to myself. I looked around.

Where did Dave always hide his stuff at the old house?

I lifted up the mattress seeing the phone. "Jackpot nigga." I smiled. I grabbed the phone and tried to turn it on but it wouldn't. I turned the phone around seeing the battery was missing. "Fuck." I sighed. My body jumped as I heard a knock at the door.

Should I answer it?

The knocking on the door continued.

I got up approaching the door looking through the peep hole. It was Jarnez and Herb. I quickly opened the door hugging Jarnez. "You guys really came." I said. "Did you think we weren't?" Herb asked. "Can we come in?"

I opened the door wider letting them in.

"So what's the plan here?" I asked. "Well Dave actually knows I'm in town." Herb said. "In fact I'm supposed to be meeting him. He doesn't know that I know about anything and we're going to keep it that way." He said. "And he doesn't even know I'm alive. We got the room next door so we'll hear everything. When you're ready, you text me and I'll come in and end this shit." I said.

"There's just a tiny problem with that, he found the phone. And he took the battery. So me texting you is not going to work." I said. "Fuck. This nigga is on one yo." Jarnez said. "Yall figure it out, I'll keep Dave busy for a few hours and let yall know when he's on the way back." Herb said. "Ight see you." Jarnez said. "Can we um, go back to your room? I'd rather not be in here while I have the time to be out." I said. "Yeah come on." We walked out going inside his room.

"Are you okay?" He asked as we sat on his bed. "I don't think I'll ever be okay." I said. "We need a plan, now." He said. "Well do you suggest we do because I'm all out of options. And I don't think I can keep prolonging this plan. I don't think I can be in the same room with him another night." I said. "It's gone be okay."

"No, you don't understand. Last night I thought he was going to kill me when he found that phone. The look in his eyes, they were so dark. Whoever that man is, it's not Dave anymore. He has completely changed. And I can't sleep in that room tonight not knowing if he really will snap and try to hurt me even more than he has. We need to end this, tonight." I said.

"Alright, well here's the plan but you might not like the beginning of it." He said. "What is it?" I asked. "You're going to have to go back in that room for a while once he gets back."

"Jarnez I'm not going back in that room with him. I can't and I won't." I said. "Listen Madyson, if you want this shit to end tonight, you have to. You'll just go in there, try to act like you're sleeping so he won't fuck with you." He said. "Trust me, acting sleep won't stop him from trying to run a move on me." I scoffed. "Well it's either that or make him happy." He said making me raise a brow. "And how exactly would you suggest me making him happy?"

"Sex."

"No, hell no. I am not giving an inch of my body to that fucking psycho."

"Exactly, so you'll go in there and act as normal as you would if I weren't here. Stay to yourself and stay out of his way. Wait until he goes to sleep. Not directly after he goes to sleep. Wait an hour or two until you know he's knocked out cold. Then go in the bathroom, knock against the wall. That will tell me that you're about to go through with the final step." He said. "What exactly is the final step?". He got up going into a duffle bag. He pulled out a gun sitting it in front of me.

"You gone kill that bitch. Tonight."

~Dave POV

"You must have been speeding coming down here bro." I laughed dapping up Herb as he walked in the diner. "You said it was urgent, got down here as soon as I could." He said.

"So what's so urgent?"

"You gone hate me for this man I swear you are." I sighed. "What did you do now?" He asked shaking his head. "I fucked up. I fucked up big time Herb. I don't think I can ever bounce back from this." I said. "Talk to me nigga. What's going on?" He asked. "I don't think me and Madyson gone make it man." I said shaking my head. "I know you ain't call me all this way to discuss yo relationship problems. Nigga we could have talked about this through the phone." He said laughing a little.

"No, you don't fucking get it."

"My bad nigga. What you do, cheat again?" He asked. "She pushed me to my limits man." I said shaking my head. "What you talking about?"

"After what happened with Kairi, I tried my hardest to control my anger. You caught me high out my mind that one day and after that, I stopped. But then I turned to the bottle. Started drinking a lot. Then Madyson got to naggin and bitchin and she left me no other choice." I said. "No other choice to do what?" He asked. "I started hitting her man. And it was like, out of control. I tried to stop but I couldn't. Now this shit with my mom and my mental state right now just not where it's supposed to be."

"Come on Dave. You turning abusive man, that's never a way to go."

"I know, I know. And I can't help myself. But I've had some time to think and I found the problem." I said. "The problem is the alcohol. You need to put that shit down." He said. "No, that was never the problem. The problem is Madyson. She's just in the way at this point and it's stressing me out." I said. "I don't like the way you talking right now." He said. "It's time to get rid of the problem Herb." I said. "What, you gone kick her to the curb or something?" He asked. "Nah that's too risky. She could go to the police and make it worse for me. I'm getting RID of the problem." I said putting a gun on the table. "Dave."

"I'm gone kill that bitch. Tonight."

MAKE SURE TO VOTE ⭐️
MAKE SURE TO COMMENT 💬
MAKE SURE TO ADD TO YOUR LIBRARY 📚

~ashkash2 💋