- 22 -

~Madyson POV

"Madyson. Madyson I'm sorry." Dave said trying to grab my arm but I moved. "You just hit me." I said in disbelief. "It was an accident. I didn't mean to." He said. "You just fucking hit me Dave!" I yelled. "I told you to stop pushing me and you kept going Madyson." He sighed. "Fuck you." I walked into the room and slammed the door.

**Next Day**

I had to go to work today and I was glad. I couldn't stay in this house all day with Dave after what happened with. I got out the bed and walked into the bathroom. I looked in the mirror seeing a bruise that had formed on my cheek over night. "Of course." I said to myself. Nothing a little make up won't cover. I ran the water for my shower and prepared my clothes for work.

**

After I showered and got dressed, I went downstairs to grab a quick breakfast. There wasn't really any groceries here, so my breakfast has consisted of granola bars or cereal. After walking back and forth from the fridge to the pantry, I decided I wasn't even hungry anymore. "Good Morning." Dave said coming in the kitchen. "You need to buy yourself some groceries." I said.

"I'll be sure to add that to my list of things to do today. Can we talk?" He asked. "Talk about what?" I asked playing clueless. "About last night. I promise I didn't mean to hit you." He said grabbing my arm making me jump a little. "Madyson, you don't have to be scared of me. I'm not that type of person I swear."

"I'm not scared of you, and we have nothing to talk about. Last night didn't even happen. I got to get to work, I'll see you whenever." I said walking out to my car.

~Dave POV

I promise I am not that kind of person. I don't hit women, never have and never will. But last night she egged it on and I couldn't stop myself. Now, to make matters worse, I have to go deal with all this bullshit with my label. I was meeting Herb at one of our spots to talk about the new plans. I also had to handle this Millie situation and this shit with whoever this Jason nigga is.

After getting dressed for the day, I got in my car making my way to see Herb first.

**

"Yuurr." Herb said as I got out the car. "Wassup bro." I said dapping him up. "I'm assuming you already know the deal with the label?" I asked. "Found out this morning. What happened bruh?" He asked. "I been focused on everything but the music and they obviously noticed that. A couple of weeks ago Rick told me to get my shit together and I didn't listen. Turns out I had some fucking interview that I missed and that was the final straw." I said.

"Now we got to find something else to cover you up. When word gets out that you aint rapping no more but you still living like you living, niggas gone connect the pieces and find out who you are." Herb said. "I know, and I was up all night thinking about it. I got an idea and you may think it's crazy." I said making him raise a brow.

"Teagan, my ex, sh-" He cut me off. "I don't like the idea already." He said. "Just listen. She got me interview at her firm this weekend for a job." I said. "Firm? What kind of firm?" He asked.

"A law firm."

"Nigga what? You want to work for the law? Are you fucking delusional?" Herb asked. "I wouldn't be no damn lawyer or nothing. I can just be handling some mild shit that'll bring money in. It's a start until I find something else." I said. "Dave you just putting yo self closer to showing niggas yo identity. Lawyers work with all type of mutha fuckas, I'm talking about niggas with the feds bro. I don't think this is a good idea." He said.

"Trust me on this. I promise you, it'll work."

~Madyson POV

"You got a visitor outside Dr. Brown." One of the nurses said walking into my office. I really hope it's not Dave. I got out the chair walking outside seeing Tess. "What you doing here?" I asked. "Well I called you this morning and you didn't answer. Then I called you a million more times and you still didn't answer. I wanted to make sure you weren't somewhere dead." She said.