- 3 -

~Madyson POV

"That's on my mama, yeah, that's on the hood
Don't want no problems, I wish a bitch would
Try to come between us, it won't end up good
You know I love you like no one else could
I'd go to Hell and back for ya
Bend over backwards, acrobats for ya, yeah
I'd go up to bat for ya
Even when shit lookin' bad for ya
I been waiting so long for a love like this"

I was singing along with the lyrics as I made myself lunch. Ken nor Tess had come back yet so I was bored. My music got lower as a Instagram notification came across my screen.

daveeast : What you on today?

Not sure. Why?

daveeast : Me and Kairi going to the mall. Want me to come get you?

Before I could respond, Ken texted me.

From Fiance❤️ : Omw home. I got us reservations at your favorite.
Delivered : 2:47 p.m

I went back to Instagram.

I'm going out with Ken today.

daveeast : No worries.

About twenty minutes passed and Ken came in the house. "Wassup baby." He said kissing me. "Hey."

"Sorry about earlier. I just forgot about the meeting." He said. "It's okay. I'm going to go get dressed." I got off the couch going into my closet. I put on some ripped jeans and a cropped long sleeve shirt. I took off my bonnet brushing out my lace. I did a slight beat of makeup and sprayed my perfume.

"Ready." I said walking out to the living room. "Damn you look good." Ken smiled getting up. "Thank you." I grabbed my bag off the counter and walked out to the car.

~Dave POV

"Okay Kairi, I done spent half a grand." I said squatting down next to her. "How much is that?" She asked. "Too much." I said making her laugh. "Can we get ice cream?" She asked me. "Sure baby. Let's go put this stuff in the car and we'll go to Cold Stone." I grabbed her hand and we walked back to the car. As I was putting the bags in the trunk, there was a tap on my shoulder. I turned around seeing Millie, my baby mother.

"What do you want?" I sighed. "Really nigga! What do I want? What I want is for you to start picking up your damn phone when I call you." She said. "My apologies. I don't pay attention to my phone when I'm bonding with my damn child. You know, unlike some people." I scoffed. "Whatever David. Where is she?"

"In the car. She don't need to see you like this."

"See me like what?" She asked with a mug across her face. "Come on Mill. You got these short ass shorts on. Half ya fucking ass out. A damn crop top with you breast hanging out the bottom. You need to go put some clothes on." I said. "You don't tell me what the fuck I need to do. Let me see my child." She said trying to walk past me.

I grabbed her wrist pulling her back. "No Millie. You can see her when you decide to walk around here looking like somebody's mother." I said. She just stared at me. "Gone now."

"Whatever. I'll be back by your house tomorrow so I can get her for the week." She said. "Yeah okay." I said closing the trunk. I got back in my car. "Nasty ass." I mumbled. "Alright baby girl. Let's go get your ice cream." I pulled off making my way to the place.