- 40 -

**One Month Later**

~Madyson POV

"Honestly I'm about to end it all." I said looking at Jarnez. "Madyson. Can you please stop with that. You do this every time." He sighed. "That's because every time we play this game, you and Caleb stay cheating." I scoffed.

"Madyson, it's Monopoly. You only saying we cheating because yo ass went bankrupt." Caleb said laughing. "I don't want to hear it. And I don't want to play anymore." I said crossing my arms. "Here she go with this shit." Jarnez said.

"You realize every time you lose a game you get to acting like a kid right?" Caleb asked. "No I don't."

"Yes you do."

"Caleb don't even lie, yesterday when we was playing Uno yo ass was bout to cry." Jarnez said making me laugh. "Man any nigga gone cry if they got to draw twenty damn cards when they only had one left." He scoffed. "Whatever. It's bout to get dark outside and I need to go get some food." Jarnez said getting up. "And before you say it, no we not eating them leftovers. We're going to Lhasa. So go head put your shoes on."

"I think I'll stay home this time." I said making him and Caleb both look at me. "She been smoking?" Caleb asked. "No I haven't been smoking. I think I'll be good here alone for a few minutes. I'll go sit in the tub and listen to some music. Relax a little."

"Are you sure?" Jarnez asked. "Yes, I'm sure. I'll just text you my order." I said. "Okay. As long as you good." He said. Over the last month, I wouldn't even allow them to leave me in the house alone because of how scared I was. I feel good tonight though. I went into my room grabbing some clothes to put on after. I ran the hot water putting in soap and body oil.

Before I could take off my clothes, there was a knock on the door. "Yes?" I said. "Open up real quick." Jarnez said on the other side of the door. I opened the door seeing him standing there with a gun. "Keep this in here with you." He said.

"Jarnez Im not going to need this." I said. "You don't know that. I already taught you how to use it so don't act brand new. Keep it cocked and keep it ready to shoot." He said. "Okay I got it."

"If you need anything call me or Caleb."

"Yes, yes Jarnez I know. Go get the food before I starve." I said. "Ight." He walked out leaving me alone.

~Dave POV

"I heard you got your sentencing." Tess said sitting across from me. "I'm looking at thirty tears max." I said. "Damn thats a lot of time." She said. "Yeah, time that I'm not serving. I'm not doing thirty years for that bitch."

"Well you don't have a choice."

"I do have a choice. That you're helping me with. I'm breaking out this bitch." I whispered. "Dave I'm not breaking you out of fucking prison." He scoffed. "You must think I was giving you a fucking choice. Now how we doing with that car?"

"Dom won't even answer my phone calls. I can't get the car from her."

"Well try the fuck again. I need that car. Tonight. I'm not waiting any longer." I said. "What if I can get you a car from someone else?" She asked. "Who you got in mind?" I asked.

"She's vulnerable. It might take a while but if I say the right thing she'll do it."

~Madyson POV

"That food hit different every time." Caleb said throwing his stuff away. "Swear it do." Jarnez added. "Y'all be easy tonight though I'm going out." He said walking out. "Your brother think he grown." I said laughing. "He sholl do. Don't know what I'm gone do when he graduate next year and really leave me."

"I'm gone go take a shower. We can watch a movie or something when I get out." He said standing. "Okay." He walked upstairs. I cleaned up my trash and sat on the couch. Before I could turn the TV on, there was a knock at the door. I could hear the shower running upstairs so I knew Jarnez couldn't come answer the door.

"Who is it?" I called out. No one answered, instead they knocked again. I lifted the cushion off the couch grabbing one of the many guns Jarnez had laying around here. I looked through the window and my heart dropped.

"Walk away Tess."

"Can we just talk?" She said on the other side of the door. I hesitated but I opened the door. "What do you want Tess? Or should I call you Denise or whatever the fuck your real name is." I scoffed. "I just want to have a conversation. Can I come in?"

"Hell no. You got two minutes to talk before I close this door in your face." I said. "I know I lied to you, about literally everything." She said. "You think I care about you lying. You killed my parents! And you became my friend to kill me too! You're disgusting!" I yelled.

"It was a job Madyson."

"I would have rather you killed me than befriend me. And then you send Dave just so he can do the same. You people are sick." I said. "This is going to sound real bad but I need your help with something."

"Who's at the door?" Jarnez said coming down the steps. "Oh hell nah, what the fuck is you doing on my doorstep." He said.

"I-I just wanted to talk."

"You did enough talking. Get yo ass gone before you end up in a body bag." He said. "I'm sorry." Tess said looking at me before walking off. "Bring yo ass back if you want shorty." He said before closing the door.

"You okay?" He asked looking at me. "Yeah, I'm fine. Let's watch that movie." I said walking to the couch. "That hospital called me back, I got the job." I said bringing a smile across his face. "Well fuck this movie. You gotta celebrate." He said. "Now I know yo way of celebrating is smoking. You know I don't smoke."

"I ain't talking bout no gas. Pulling out the big guns." He said walking in his kitchen. He walked back out with two glasses and a bottle of D'ussé.

"Gotta bring out the big guns for something like that." He said. He poured two glasses and we made a cheers. "When do you start?" He asked. "Next Monday." I said.

"I'm proud of you. Getting back on your feet and getting your life back together." He said. "You're only saying that because you're ready for me to get out your house." I said laughing a little. "Nah I actually like having you here." He shrugged. "You remember what you said to me when I first I got here? How I had to wait for the right man."

"Yeah?"

"I feel like you're the right man. You know, I don't want to rush into anything but maybe you know we could try to just to h-" He cut me off. "Take a breath." He said laughing a little. "When I told you that I was already feeling you. I just didn't want to make a move until you were ready." He said.

"I don't even know if I'm ready. I just feel safe around you. You make me feel better about myself." I said. "I wonder how much a nigga can be a fuck up to do you dirty." He said looking me in my eyes. It was an intense silence between us before he leaned in kissing me. I haven't had a kiss like this in FOREVER.

It was a spark.

It made my body heat up.

He broke the kiss licking his lips as he stared at me.

"How bout we finish this upstairs."

MAKE SURE TO VOTE ⭐️
MAKE SURE TO COMMENT 💬
MAKE SURE TO ADD TO YOUR LIBRARY 📚

~ashkash2 💋