- 29 -

~Madyson POV

"I'm heading out. Remember what I said. If you aren't here when I get back, somebody is going to get hurt. And it won't be me." He said. "I'm not going anywhere. I'll be right here when you get back." I smiled. "I'll see you later." He walked out the house leaving me to to myself. I had to figure out what I was going to do. I waited ten minutes after Dave pulled off. I went upstairs throwing stuff around his closet looking for a suitcase but I couldn't find one. I found a small duffle.

"Good enough."

I grabbed as much clothes and shoes as I could and got in my car. I pulled off going to the one place I knew I was welcome to.

**

"You came back." Tess said opening the door. "He's gone. He's in Philly with his my mom. I figured that was my best chance to go because if I didn't he wou-" She cut me off. "Maddy breathe. Calm down and breathe. You're safe now." She said pulling me into a hug. "Did you bring anything with you?" She asked. "There's a duffle bag in my car. I grabbed as much as I could but there is still a lot over there." I said.

"We'll go back to get it tomo-" I cut her off. "No! He'll be back tomorrow, I can't go back there. He'll hurt me." I said. "Okay, Okay. I'll go. Come in, come sit." She said opening the door wider to let me in. "I'm so sorry Tess. I should have left him the first time it happened." I said wiping the tears off my face. "Don't apologize. It's over now." She said.

"He told me if I left while he was gone that he would hurt me. What if he finds me here?" I asked. "He won't find you. And even if he was to find you, he'd have to come through me first. And he wouldn't dare touch me." She said. "I think I would feel safer knowing he couldn't find me."

"There's nowhere else for you to go Maddy."

"I can go to a hotel."

"You want to be alone? I don't think that's the best idea." She said. "I could go anywhere in the city. He won't find me. If anything, when he sees me gone, you'll be the first person he'll think of." I said. "Fine. But I'm buying the room and I'm staying with you." She said. "Give me a few minutes, I'll pack myself a little over night bag and we can go find somewhere to go."

~Dave POV

"Good morning Mrs. Brewster." The doctor said walking into the room. "And good morning to you as well sir." He said to me before sitting down. "So we're going to get straight into the things. I've been informed that your cancer has reached Stage three in the past week which tells me the cells are growing rapidly." He said making my heart drop. "So what does this mean? Can she get surgery or something?"

"David let the doctor talk, please." My mom said looking at me.

"There are many options for your mother. Considering it's Stage three breast cancer, Chemotherapy will be your best option. Most patients have chemo before surgery in order to shrink the tumor to make it easier to remove and destroy the cells post - op." He said. "Let's do that then." My mom said.

"There is one more thing. It appears that the cancer has been back for about five years now, you're just only reaching stage three. With the way these cells are spreading, you could reach stage four very soon. Chemo won't cure the cancer but it will slow it down if it does hit stage four. Stage four can be life threatening at some point, that is if you're apart of the 22 percent."

"22 percent? 22 percent for what?" I asked.

"Life expectancy. 22 percent of patients live five years after being diagnosed."

"S-So, I could just die at any time now?" My mom asked with tears filling her eyes. "If everything goes as planned, that will be the last thing on your mind. So I'm going to give you some paperwork to take home with you today. I want you to consider your options and thoroughly read through everything. I want to see you back here as soon as possible so we can get into your treatment before this thing gets any worse."

~Madyson POV

"Tess you didn't have to get us a suite." I said as she unlocked the door to our room. "Yes, I sure did. Top floor, by ourselves. Now we really don't got to worry about nobody coming around to fuck with you." She said. "This suite damn near bigger than my old apartment." I said making her laugh. "Yes, our own rooms. A kitchen, living room, this shit is nice. Expensive as hell, but nice." She said.

"Thank you Tess. You didn't have to help me like this." I said. "I got you no matter what. I wasn't gone give up on getting you away from that no good ass nigga until I got you back." She said.

"Well I'm back."

"There is one thing we do need to discuss though. Just for your safety." Tess said making me raise a brow.

"We need to have a plan just in case Dave does turn back up. And it needs to be a good one."

** Next Day**

~Dave POV

"Thank you for coming up to Philly with me baby." My mom said as we pulled into her driveway. "No problem. I know dad wasn't in town to come with you." I said. "But um, are you going to do the chemo?" I asked. "I don't know. I've heard of the many risks and turnouts with chemo." She said. "Ma think about what the doctor said. The cells are spreading fast and you could be at a stage four in no time. You really want to take that risk?" I asked.

"I told you baby, I don't know. I'll have to think about it and discuss all of this with your father." She said. "Okay mama. I love you." I said. "I love you too. Tell Madyson I said hello." She said before getting out the car. I pulled out my phone and called her but it went to voicemail. I put the car in reverse and made my way back to the house.

**

I pulled up to the house and noticed her car wasn't in the driveway. I swear to God, she better just be at the fucking store or something. I got out the car and walked inside the house. I went upstairs in the room seeing some of her clothes were gone from the closet. "Fuck Madyson." I sighed rubbing my hands down my face. I pulled out my phone calling her again and it went to voicemail.

"Please a leave voicemail after the beep."

"I thought we had this discussion before I left. I told you not to fucking leave and you left anyway. I thought I could trust you by yourself. Look, I'm not mad okay, I promise I'm not. I just need you to come back okay. I'll be waiting for you." I said before ending the call. I knew she would do this. And I'm glad I had that gut feeling. I went to the keypad dialing a number.

"It's Marcus." He said answering the phone.

"Wassup Marcus, it's Dave." I said.

"Oh wassup man, what you need?" He asked.

"You remember that tracker I had you put on that car. How do I get the location for it?"

MAKE SURE TO VOTE ⭐️
MAKE SURE TO COMMENT 💬
MAKE SURE TO ADD TO YOUR LIBRARY 📚

~ashkash2 💋