- 23 -

~Dave POV

My sleep was interrupted by the constant sound of knocking at my door. I grabbed my phone off the dresser seeing it was eight in the morning. The knocking continued as I went downstairs to see who it was. "Tess?" I said confused once I opened the door. "Hello Dave." She said.

"It's eight in the fucking morning. What are you doing here?" I asked. "I could ask you the same thing." She said. "Wha- I live here." I said confused. "You right. I'm here to check on Madyson, she here?" She asked. "Do you see her car? No. She's at work." I said about to close the door but she stopped it with her foot. "So, how's you two relationship going? Everything good?" She asked.

"I know what this is about." I said laughing a little. "You're here about that whole thing with my ex. I know Madyson told you about it." I said. "Of course she did. How are you two coping with that whole thing?" She asked. "We're doing just fine. Thanks for your concern." I said sarcastically. "Just fine?"

"Yes. Just fine."

"Alrighty. I'll be back later to see my friend." She said before walking off. "Crazy ass girl." I said to myself. I had to be somewhere in about two hours so whether Tess came here or not, I had to get up. I went upstairs and got in the shower.

After I showered and got dressed, I made my way to my first stop.

**

"I don't think this is best for us to be meeting like this. Especially with your girlfriend not around." Teagan said as I got out the car. "What are you talking about?" I asked. "Last time I stopped by your house, your girlfriend threatened me. Told me not to talk to you, text you, not even to think about you. Can't say I succeeded on that last one though." She said.

"I promise it's nothing like that. I'm here about that job. You told Madyson that I had an interview tomorrow." I said. "Surprised you wanted to do it."

"Yeah well, my label dropped me and I'm gone need the money." I said. "Well our building is under construction at the moment so you wont be meeting her there. You will be meeting her at noon tomorrow at Harlem Blues." She said. "Anything I need to know before going?" I asked. "Just be yourself. Answer her questions truthfully and don't kiss ass. She hates that." She said.

"Noted. Thank you again." I said. "No problem." She said. I got back in my car making my way to see my mom.

**

"Hey mama." I said as I walked into the house. "Hey baby. How you feeling today?" She asked. "Feeling good. Just a chill day. Where's Kairi?" I asked. Kairi stays with my mom a little more often now that she's in school. "Aht aht. She's napping right now, please don't go waking that hyper active child up." She said shaking her head. "Besides. You and I need to talk." She said as we both sat on the couch.

"About what?"

"I seen on Instagram today that your label dropped you. What's that all about?" She asked. "You know I really hate social media." I sighed. "Why'd they drop you?"

"I was losing interest in rapping mama. That passion and love I had for it when I first started just, went away." I shrugged. "Well what are you going to do now? I understand that it was a passion but it was also money. How are you going to provide for yourself and Kairi?" She asked.

"Don't worry mama. I got that under control."

~Madyson POV

"How you doing today Dr. Brown?" My boss said walking into my office. "I'm doing fine how about you?"

"I'm doing great. Thanks for asking. I've got some news for you." She said sitting down. "Well I hope it's good news." I said laughing nervously. "Always. Answer me this, before getting the job here, you did say you worked at a hospital, correct?" She asked. "Yes, I worked at Kensington in Philadelphia for about two years." I said. "Well we got a call from Mount Sinai this morning in regards to you." She said referring to one of the best hospitals in Harlem. "Me? Why would they be calling for me?"