new member

- 2246 words

*(y/n/n) = your nickname

im trying so hard to update often, no one told me it would be this difficult

also i have no idea where i want this story to go so if things move too quickly or don't make sense in some parts please excuse that 😀

*not edited or proofread*

—————

you were one click away from uploading the face reveal. for the clip, you just filmed a quick second of your face while throwing up an 'L'.

you took a deep breath. once this was posted, even if only one person watched it, your face would be all over the internet. that sense of your own little bubble of life would be gone. but the pros did outweigh the cons, which is why you even considered doing this in the first place.

fuck it. don't think, just do. you smiled and clicked the 'upload' button, watching as the bar loaded. your palms were growing sweaty, but you wiped them on your pants and watched as your video was released to the public.

now, you waited. soon this would be over twitter, instagram, probably every other platform. you had done your makeup, and you looked really good, but that didn't ease the nerves. it was still scary.

the video was officially uploaded. by now, any fans that had their notifications on would've been alerted that you posted. which means in a few minutes after they watched through the video, your face would be spread. if they caught it, that is.

you slipped it in very discreetly at the end, just a flash of your face. if they caught it, then it would be spread. if not, it would shock everyone when you randomly showed your face in one of the vlogs that were being planned. either one would be okay with you.

your phone went off and you basically jumped out of your skin. there were hundreds of notifications; comments, tags, what have you.

then your phone rang. it was schlatt, of course. you grinned and pressed the green button, answering his call.

"hey, (y/n), what the fuck?"

"what's wrong, my dearest schlatt?"

"what the fuck is this," his voice grew louder, "you did a face reveal?"

"oh my god, did i?" you said sarcastically, unable to contain your smiles. it was so exhilarating, knowing everyone was surprised because of you.

"baby, did anyone know about you plannin' this?"

"no, no. just me. oh, one second, im getting another call from clay."

"call me back afterwards."

you hummed in confirmation to his comment and hung up, picking up clay's call.

"congrats, (y/n/n)!"

"thank you, clay."

"you look great, by the way."

"as do you, honey bunches," you teased. you and clay were pretty close, he had shown you his face before but you didn't show him yours. he didn't mind, he knew how stressful it could be even to a close friend.

"okay, clay, i've gotta run. schlatt told me to call him back."

"hey, wait. speaking of schlatt, you still haven't told me about the whole 'kiss in the car' thing," he chastised.

"i will text you about it later. how's that sound?"

"great. congrats again, i'm proud of you," you smiled at his words and said a quick goodbye before calling jay back. he answered right away, even taking the initiative to facetime you.