17 - Longing to see your face!

Kathiravan's POV:

When I reached Coimbatore, I booked a hotel room to stay in as it won't be good to go home without Nandhini. I will visit my parents when I take my queen back with me. I texted Kishore and Revathy about my arrival and they were happy that I finally came here to win the love of my wife.

After getting freshen up, I got ready in formals to attend the reception of Nandhini's best buddy. I bought a flower bouquet to present to her and headed to the venue by cab. When I reached the marriage hall, I suddenly got tensed as I saw a huge crowd hovering over there. Just introvert things!

My eyes searched for her and to my dismay, she is nowhere to be found around the stage. I went to the stage and gave the couple the bouquet that I bought and congratulated them on their wedding. Madhu was glad that I arrived on time and she asked, "Didn't you inform her that you reached here? Because she has been searching for you for a long time."

I smiled and said, "No, I thought to surprise her. That's why I didn't inform her that I came here already." I made up the lies and excused myself from there to see my Nandhini. I felt so awkward as I don't know anyone here.

When I sat on the chair that was arranged for the audience, a girl crossed my path and I know that she is my wife. You guys might think how do I know. Yeah, I know that she is Nandhini because of her fragrance🤪.

I sat there like a statue and admired her without moving my eyes. I must say she looks drop-dead gorgeous in her long elegant attire.

I lost myself in admiring her angelic face which glows under the dim lights of the marriage hall

I lost myself in admiring her angelic face which glows under the dim lights of the marriage hall. She was busy talking with her friends and didn't know that her husband was admiring her for a long time. I can't take my eyes off her since the feeling of being away from her fried my heart.

When she turned around, I averted my eyes to the other side and she went inside the dining area. She was in a hurry so failed to notice me sitting here. For some reason, I felt at ease because I was not ready to face her now. Guilt or fear, I don't know but something is scaring me for real.

After having dinner, I returned to the hotel where I was staying and slumped into the bed to rest for a while.

Nandhini's POV:

When the reception started, I was pacing forth between the entrance and the stage to find Kathir but it was all vain. Did he reach the city? I don't know and the worst is I can't even call him to clear my thoughts. I want to keep off my thoughts and concentrate on the wedding but my mind denied doing the same. I saw a few of my collegemates and they were quite happy to see me especially after my marriage.

When we were chatting, I got a feel of being watched by someone although I hadn't seen anyone around me like that. Later we had dinner together and Madhu also joined us along with Akash. I had a good time with them and it brought back the college memories which was truly unforgettable. When I retired to the room, I scrolled down the pictures that I took in the Haldi function of Madhu. At that time, my message column lit up and it showed '1 message received'.

I knew that it would be one of my friends that I met before a few hours and I offhandedly opened the message to see who it is. My heart skipped a beat when I see the most unexpected name in the chatbox. I again see the message box clearly and still, it showed the same. What the heaven is happening here? It was from my husband Kathir. Oh my goodness! I started jumping in joy and tapped on the name to read the message.

Kathir: "Did you miss me very much that you kept on searching for my face?"

My face flushed on reading that message. How did he know that I was searching for him? I managed to reply casually "Not at all."

Kathir: "Is it so? Then why were you oscillating between the hall and the stage? Were you admiring the beauty of the floor? I don't know that!"

What? when did he turn into a jovial person all of a sudden? Though I didn't complain about that. I don't know what to reply to now. It will be embarrassing if I accept the fact that he stated. Come on, Nandhini. Think hard.

"How are you so sure that I went searching for you? Did you see that with your eyes?" I countered back and felt like I won a war. Hahaha!

Kathir: "No, I didn't see you."

Expected answer only. I know that he was not there. But his chat column shows 'typing'. So I decided to wait for his answer before giving my reply.

Kathir: "Rather I was admiring my beautiful wife who was busy impressing me with our cute gestures."

My cheeks turned crimson after hearing him. He called me beautiful and most importantly he was there for sure. I am a fool to miss the chance of glancing at my husband. Damn it!!!

Another message popped up showing, "By the way, you looked gorgeous in that baby pink dress. I loved to adore you more, Nandhu!" I keep blushing at his words and my cheeks started to ache a bit.

I didn't reply anything to his compliments and was just simply staring at his message for a time that I don't even notice. He again sent me a message, "Okay, stop staring at my messages and I know that you have no words to react to other than your cute pouts and blush. Save some for the future too. Now go and have your dinner and take a good rest Nandhu. Because tomorrow is the big day for your best friend and I guess you will be the most needed person of the hour. So, now I don't want to take much of your time. Take care and Good night Nandhu. See you."

I feel so happy after realizing his care and love for me and I replied, "Sure, Good night and sleep well. Tata."

When I put my mobile down, realization dawn inside my mind that I fought with him and decided not to give up easily. Arghhh... You are such an idiot Nandhu. I scolded my heart and it mocked me back, Aren't you enjoying the moment with him before?

I indeed forgot our spots when I was messaging him and he made me feel loved without any efforts. He has all my heart in real.

I smiled and headed to have my dinner, after all my husband wants me to eat well😝🤪🥳.

-------------------------------------

So, how was this chapter, dear lovelies?

Do you guys ever expect Kathir like this?

What do you think that happens next?

Do drop your comments 'NANDHIR' and have a great day.

Happy reading!!!

Yours lovely,

Maaya🤍.