2 - First meet!

Nandhini's Home:

Everyone is busy with some work that they barely notice Nandhini coming down for breakfast. Slowly she stepped inside the kitchen and searched for her cup of tea and that's when Shailaja noticed Nandhini with 'what is this dear' look. "Nandhini how many times I have told you to get up early. This is not fair and you won't be able to get up early suddenly after your marriage. So get used to it gradually dear. I am your mom so I am giving you all liberty in this house. But we may not get the same privilege in in-laws house also. Try to understand that baby." Shailaja started with her usual dialogues which she says whenever Nandhini is late for breakfast. "okay mom. I will change that for sure" That's all Nandhini can say for now because she knew that if she speaks anything further then it will result in tonnes and tonnes of advice.

Nandhini's Pov:

When I make myself seated on the sofa after having delicious Pongal with vadai (South Indian food), the expected question came to me from my dad. "Then Nandhu, hope you have decided something valid on your marriage?" my dad asked me with a glint of expectations in his eyes. The first thing that popped up in my mind is Kathiravan's photo.

How can I say no when I already liked the groom. But still am not very sure about my maturity level.

Will I be able to take on the responsibilities as a wife of Kathiravan?

I smiled at my dad and told him, "Okay dad, as you wish. You assured me that this marriage won't be a trouble for my career. Then I don't have anything to refuse your words. So I am giving my promise to you dad. I am okay with your choice." at the end of the sentence I saw my mom who is also standing behind my dad with a grin plastered on her lips. Vivaan also joined us and on hearing my 'yes', immediately dad went to the corridor to make a call to someone. May be my future father-in-law I guess!

After a while, he returned smilingly and I wondered what would have happened that made him smile like this. "Shailaja, the groom's family is very excited to see Nandhini. Today they are coming here for seeing Nandhini this evening." He told like a child holding his mobile tightly and I stood numb cause I don't know what to do now. Really this is too fast. At least for me!

The important thing I want to know now is, 'Whether Kathiravan is also coming with his parents or not?' As if they heard my mind, my mom asked my dad, "That's cool, by the way, is the groom also coming here this evening?" I looked at my father hoping that his answer will be yes, but he nodded his head as no. An unknown disappointment filled my heart. "They said Kathir is leaving tonight to Cochin since he has office tomorrow."

Whatever! At least he should have tried something to see me in person. That's what actually happens in movies and serials right? But see here. My so-called future husband is very curious to attend the office rather than meeting me. I didn't expect anything extravagant but still, it feels bad for me.

After lunch, I took a bath because I have to look beautiful today and as a girl, I am very cautious about my first appearance. I decided to wear a saree because it will give you some matured-look and obviously my family is somewhat orthodox and they too will ask me to wear a saree only. I don't know what to wear now. Either silk or designer saree? a simple one or a grand one? Finally, I decided to wear a silk saree but a simple one because this is not some function or engagement.

 Either silk or designer saree? a simple one or a grand one? Finally, I decided to wear a silk saree but a simple one because this is not some function or engagement