18 - Can I have your heart?

Kathiravan's POV:

I got ready for the wedding and determined to escape from the eyes of my beautiful wife because I knew that she is dying to see me for once. Not that, I want her to wait but I want her to meet me only when we can have our own space. With that thought in mind, I headed towards the venue and it was beautifully decorated with flowers. 

I took my steps carefully, peeping into the surrounding that Nandhini is not around there. When I step inside the hall, I hear the chanting of the priest and the couple was seated already at the altar, ready to tie the knot. My eyes roamed around the place and got stuck at a doll, who is none other than my wife Mrs Nandhini Kathiravan. She was wearing a dark orange silk saree which highlighted her fair skin tone well. She looked angelic and the sindhoor (kumkum) at the partition of her hair brought a huge smile to my face. For some unknown reason, I felt very proud of being her husband. 

She was looking at her mobile now and then and I clearly understood that she was expecting my message. I quickly typed a message and clicked on the Send button to see the live reaction of my doll. she instantly opened the message and her eyes started to scan the hall for seeing my face. Thanks to the fat uncle who hide my figure completely with his presence before my seat! 

Nandhini's POV:

I checked myself again and again in the mirror as if I am going to meet my husband for the first time. Though I portrayed myself as the 'I don't care' type, deep down in my heart, I want my husband to fall head over heels for me after seeing me in this attire. The rituals were started already and Madhu and his groom performed so many customs as instructed by the priest. I was glad that she finally got settled with the love of her life and here I am just waiting for the message of my love.

This is the thing that irritates me the most. Kathir knows my pulse rate and still wants to play with that. Can't he sense my eagerness and send me a message? I grunted under my breath and tried to concentrate on Madhu's wedding. Suddenly my mobile buzzed and I opened the notification in a nanosecond, knowing already who the sender was. 

Kathir: You look so cute when your eyes searching for me. By the way, stop scanning and pay a little attention to your best buddy's wedding, cutie!

So, he is here and purposely avoiding his presence from my eyes. I shut down the mobile without sending any reply as I know that he would be watching me from somewhere in the hall.

Soon, Akash tied the thaali around Madhu's neck and she shed happy tears in joy. Then everyone congratulated them and some people presented gifts to the newly wedded couple who are busy enjoying their moments.

I badly want Kathir to confront me but he avoided me evidently. I felt disappointed but never expressed that before anyone. When I retired to the room, I got a call from my mom which I answered after preparing some answers for expected questions. "Hello Maa, Did you guys return to the home?" I sounded like a normal woman and wanted to hear 'yes' as the answer. 

But to my dismay, she said, "No, we are waiting for you, Nandhini. Come fast, so we can go together." I got confused and asked, "Together?" and she replied, "Yeah, We asked Kathir beta and he allowed us to stay with you for a few days as it was so long that you left for Cochin after your wedding."

So he met my parents but denied to face his wife who is longing to get a glance at him. Go to hell! I muttered and spoke, "Okay ma, I am coming." I cut the call and packed all my stuff quickly and met Madhu to give a warm farewell. She was beyond happy and engulfed me into a heart-warming hug which I reciprocated with the same warmth. After bidding bye to everyone, I went with my parents who were glad to have me after months. After having dinner, I asked my dad casually, "Err... Did he say anything regarding when he will pick me up?" My dad shook his head, "No, he didn't say anything about that. But he said that you can stay here how long you want to." he said grinning wider and I smiled back.