7 - The Wedding Night!

Nandhini's Pov:

I never think that I will be so happy to marry this man who is sitting beside me. Yes, I am finally married to Kathir and now I have become "Mrs Nandhini Kathiravan". The name itself gives goosebumps to me as I giggled inside my heart like a 5-year-old child. I have seen Kathir before but he never smiled like this. I mean that he never smiles wholeheartedly like he is doing today. I received a warm welcome in my in-laws home and during all the time, I feel the intense gaze of Kathir upon me. 

Maybe he is admiring me. I blushed at the thought of him admiring me and that's when my mother-in-law called me downstairs. I went down to the kitchen where she was preparing tea for all. I walked towards her and asked, "Did you call me, aunty?" she turned around and looked at me from my head to toe and said, "How many times I have told you Nandhini? Just call me 'ma' as Kathir does. Don't build a gap between us by calling me 'aunty'. okay?" she smiled at the last word and instantly I nodded my head and said, "Okay ma. As you wish."

She handed me a designer saree and asked me to change my wedding attire into comfortable wear

She handed me a designer saree and asked me to change my wedding attire into comfortable wear. At this point, this is the most helpful thing for me as I find it very difficult to walk with his heavy wedding silk saree and all the jewels on me. I quickly got the cover and went to our room to change. When I closed the door I find a wardrobe on the left side of the bed and it was not closed properly. So I went to the wardrobe to close that but something struck my eyes instantly. I opened the wardrobe to find a lengthy suit and besides that, there was a cover. I closely looked at the coat suit and found that it was the one presented by me for our engagement. A smile crept on my lips automatically and I took the cover to discover what is in it.

It may look indecent but there is nothing wrong in reading my own husband's letter (I don't have a better answer to cover up my acts... so please forgive your Nandhini.). When I opened the letter, I found that it was the same letter and cover that I attached to the gift box. "Uhhoooo" I screamed in joy because I never thought that Kathir would save this as a memorable one.

I must admit that he too has some sense of romance like the heroes of cinema and serials. I put the letter and cover at the same place where it was before and closed the wardrobe carefully. I freshened myself with a warm bath and then changed myself into the beautiful saree that Aunt gifted me.

I applied sindoor at the partition of hair and also braided my hair neatly in a french-plait hairstyle. I glanced at myself in the mirror before going down for dinner. In all this time, I couldn't find Kathir around me. 

Where is he? Can't he at least inform me about his whereabouts? 

I went down and found Kishore and Revathy sitting at the dining table and chatting something. I smiled at them and asked, "Where is Kathir?" They exchanged a known look and said, "Don't you know where he went?" Revathy asked me with a small smirk over her face and Kishore told me "He went to call the cab as you both are going to Cochin tonight."