19 - Lovey Dovey!

Nandhini's POV:

I still can't believe that Kathir is right here to take me back with him. Above all, he uttered sorry and sincerity sparkled in his eyes. What can I ask for more than this?

I thought to myself and a small smile crept up my lips. That's when Kathir entered the room after washing his face and dabbing with a towel. But still, I can't instigate the talk as I am too shy to do that now. I don't know what is in his mind so it is better to keep calm than to create an awkward situation.

He sat on the bed and looked around the room, examining carefully. Lastly, his gaze landed on me and I passed a small smile. "So how were your days without me by your side?" He asked with a smirk which didn't go unnoticed by me. I scoffed at his teasing and replied, "Yeah, it was good. What about you?"

He chuckled and said, "If it were better, then why would I come here in search of my wife?" I couldn't help but blush, hiding my face from his look.

He continued, "I missed you terribly Nandhini. When you were by my side, I didn't realise your worth. But in your absence, everything in that home taunted me with your cute memories. I couldn't withstand your detachment Nandhini."

He told me while locking his intense gaze with mine and his eyes held sincerity and love which melted my heart. I nodded my head as I didn't know how to react to his confession.

He got up and came closer as his odour was hitting me straight into my nostrils. How much I missed this! He engulfed me into a warm hug which screams his emotions better than his words. I covered my hands around his back and we stayed there for a while.

He parted a little and uttered, "I knew that you too missed me like a hell." I shook my head as no and he cupped my cheeks, "Then why did you ran into my arms like a baby if you didn't miss me?" I was stuck and words get caught in between my throat.

"That's nothing. Leave that Kathir." I tried to sound normal but my voice betrayed me. He let out a chuckle and defended, "I know you better than yourself, Nandhini."

"Haha, very funny. Don't try to cheese me with your words, Mr Introvert. I know that you know nothing about me." I said and turned my face to the other side and he replied, "Ohh! That's too rude, Nandhu. If you want me to prove that, then tell me."

His tone was challenging and I muttered, "Okay then. Prove me wrong if you can." I folded my hands at my chest, ready to witness what my husband is going to do to prove his side. He shrugged and suddenly kissed me on my cheeks, leaving me like a statue. For a minute, my eyelids became paralysed and I recalled what just happened here.

When I moved my eyes to meet his already smirking face, a deep blush spread over my cheeks which turned crimson red. I quickly bent my head down and he laughed his heart out seeing my pity state.

"See, this is my wife Nandhini. I don't need to move the rock or pass through the seven hills or seven oceans to gain her forgiveness. My single kiss is enough to capture my angry bird in my love-cage."

I was stunned by his utterances and asked him, "Kathir, is this you for real? When did you become so poetic?" He gave me an amused look and said, "I will be poetic and romantic only when you are around me. Simply, I don't want to alarm you with my other side. See, for this trailer itself, you have gone almost fainted." I hit his forearm playfully and he uttered, "Honestly, I wanted to take so many risks and put on huge efforts to convince you and win your heart. But now, you made my job pretty easy with a single kiss." He winked at me and I palmed my forehead in embarrassment.

My mom sent us dinner to my room which I happily received as I don't want to waste a single minute, to be spent with my husband.

This new side of Kathir is really making me go speechless as I haven't witnessed him being bold and naughty like this. After finishing dinner, I asked him how he spent his days and he started narrating everything that happened there.

Then we laid on my bed to nod off, with me lying on the left side of the bed, whereas he leaned on to the bed rest with his hand supporting his head. "Kathir, what would you do if I never want to come back?" His face turned serious and his forehead creased in a questioning way. "Nandhini, you have great imagination skills. I must admit that you are a pro at visualising impossible stuff." I looked at him while raising my left eyebrow and he knocked lightly on my head and whispered, "I know how much you love me, Nandhu. I may be an introvert but not a dumb person to comprehend your feelings for me. Even if you were stubborn to leave and settle here permanently, then I would have pleaded with you until you change your decision."

I suppressed the laugh that was about to escape from my lips and he rolled his eyes after seeing my reaction to his words. We laid there in silence, but now this silence seems to be comfortable as we enjoy each other's company in a more pleasant ambience.

Unexpectedly, he wrapped his hand over my waist which hitched my breath for a while. Sensing my nervous feeling, he murmured in my ears, "Don't worry, I don't do anything other than this cuddle even if I want to do. So now sleep like a good girl."

I released my hold of breath and his words kept ringing in my ears. What did he mean by 'even if I want to do'. I fidgeted my fingers and he again spoke, "Do you want me to sing a lullaby? Seems like you got habituated to sleep late." I turned around, "So, will you sing a lullaby for me if I say yes?"

I know his reply for sure😂. "No." He screamed and composed himself quickly and continued "Okay, at least not now. Frankly, I don't know how to sing that and all." I sighed and said, "I know that already. Now don't be a naughty fellow and let us sleep first. You might be tired, Nah?" He just nodded the head in response and closed his eyes.

A content smile adored my lips and he suddenly spoke, "I think I must learn the lullaby as it will be helpful for me to coo you as well as our baby." I palmed my face as it turned beetroot red due to his lovey-cutie talks.

With that, I don't know when we drifted off to the deep slumber but I know that we had a good and peaceful sleep after a long time.

--------------------------

Now drop your thoughts in the comment box and wait for the next update🤪.

Until then, take care and bye

Yours lovely,
Maaya 🤍.