Chapter 3

ALEC'S POV

Okay Jace, tell us what happened one more time.", said Simon, thinly veiled worry in his voice.

I sat in the kitchen with Simon, Isabelle,  Magnus and Jace, who was staring at the picture of him and Clary. We had found Jace curled up in Clary's room. He had tried to explain, but he wasn't making much sense. I could tell that something was seriously wrong because of the aching from my parabatai rune. It felt like something in him had broken.

"I was taking a walk in the park, to get some fresh air. A warlock girl came up to me and said hello. We walked and talked for a few minutes. Then I just remember everything going fuzzy. I woke up from  the haze when Clary snapped the branch. I realized that I had kissed the warlock. When I turned to Clary, she ran.", Jace said, voice breaking.

"She's gone"

All of his usual bravado was gone. 

"So the warlock must have put you under a spell.", I reasoned. Jace just nodded pathetically.

Izzy spoke up. "Maybe there is a way we can where Clary went through the portal to. Magnus...?"

I turned to my boyfriend, hopeful. 

"I'm afraid I don't think that it's possible. If it is, I don't know how to.", he said. 

JACE'S POV (just for a second)

Once I heard that we couldn't find Clary, I just couldn't take being there anymore. I walked out of the kitchen.

"Jace...", I heard Alec call after me, but Magnus softly called him back. 

I went to the training room and sat on the window seat. I didn't know what to do with myself. I had made a mistake that had cost the the single thing that I treasured most in the world, more than my own life. Somewhere inside of me, the practical part, said that it wasn't my fault. That I had been under a spell. But I couldn't help but feel like it was entirely my fault. 

Hello people! Funny story, I play the violin, and when I typed bravado, i accidentally typed vibrato instead, which is and orchestra term. oopsies :-/ Anyways, thanks for reading! I really appreciate it! See ya later! Byyyyyeeeeeeee <3 :) 

P.S. I would really appreciate if you could please leave a comment and tell me what you think, and if you have any suggestions on how I can make this better, please tell me! (No Hating Tho)