Chapter 12

JACE'S POV

Everyone at the Institute convinced me to stay in New York for a couple more weeks to think everything through, but every second I was still there, I wanted to jump up and leave. I decided during those weeks that I was going to travel like a mundane on the is trip. I would take a plane to Paris, the rent a car to drive to all of the individual Institutes. I just parked in front of my first stop.

I step onto the front steps of the Paris Institute, the first of many stops. As I reach to ring the doorbell, I pray to the Angel she is here. 

An elderly shadowhunter man opens the door. 

"Bonjour! I am Samuel. Please state your name and your purpose of being here.", said the man. 

I was taken aback at his abrupt-ness. "My name is Jace Herondale. I only ask two things. My first question is: Is there anyone here by the name of Clarissa or Clary?"

Samuel looks at me like I'm crazy. "Not that I have heard of, son. What's the other question?"

I wilt upon hearing that Clary isn't here. "Sir, could I please take refuge here for a few nights? I've had a long journey."

"Of course, boy. We get visitors all of the time.", Samuel says. 

He shows me to a small room. Once he leaves, I pull out my map and figure out what Institute I will go to next. I then plan out the order in which I would visit all of the French Institutes. I decide that I'll go to the Institute in Normandy next, and my final stop will be the Poitou Institute. 

I figure out how long it will take to drive. It's a little disheartening to know that it will take me many weeks to travel. I plan to stay heree for two nights, the leave for Normandy. 

Hayyy! Jace is so silly, the last place he's going is where Clary is. Oh well, I guess it will just take extra time.... *insert smirk emoji* Anyways, next chapter will be after a time skip. OMGeez, I have almost 300 reads!!! YAYAY! Thanks you sooooooo much for reading!! Comment to tell me what ya think! LUURRRVE ~Abby