Chapter 24

3RD PERSON POV

Isabelle stepped out of the way, taking in her surroundings while the rest of the group came through the portal. They all looked closely at the small, light gray cottage with the dainty, pale blue curtains.

"Magnus, are you sure this is the right place? It doesn't seem like a very 'Clary' place to live.", said Simon.

"Yeah, I set the portal for the address on the letter.", the warlock replied.

"Whatever, let's just go knock.", Izzy said impatiently.

She walked up to the door with the boys trailing behind her. When she knocks, the door opens to reveal a woman with jet-black, curly hair, chocolate eyes, and runes covering her body. Definitely not Clary.

"Bonjour! How may I help you?"

Alec speaks up. "I'm sorry ma'am. We were looking for a friend, but we must have the wrong house. We didn't mean to bother you."

They start to turn away from the door when the woman speaks.

"Wait! Are you looking for Clary and Jace? You fit the descriptions I was given about you."

Isabelle turned back to her quickly. "You know Jace and Clary? Where are they?"

The woman laughed. "This is their house, but they had to run a few errands in town, so I am watching the house. My name is Valerie. I am head of the Poitou Institute. Please, come in!"

Simon breathed out a sigh of relief. "Thank goodness.", he whispered as they walked into the living room.

Hey, so I know this is short, but I'm going to put up another chapter right after this one. It was meant to be MUCH longer, but 3rd person is a really big struggle for me, so my writing gets kinda sucky when I write in 3rd, and I want the next part to be really good. I'll be switching back to character points of view next chapter. 
I hope you liked this, even though it's far from my best work. Comment below some story title suggestions if you have any. Thanks for reading! Luvs, Abby<3