Chapter 1

CLARY'S POV (Point of View)

"Hey Izzy...", I begin, stopping into the kichen. "Have you seen Jace?"

"Yeah, like fifteen minutes ago. He said he was going to go take a walk in the park. Something about fresh air.", said my dark-haired friend, not looking up from her magazine.

"Okay, thanks!", I shout, running out the door to catch up with him. I wanted to talk to him about the idea he had about moving into an apartment together. I thought it was a good idea.

As I jogged into the park, I looked around for his trademark blond hair. I finally caught a glimpse of him turning the corner around a tall bush. I followed him and was just about to call out to him when I realized that he was walking with someone. A girl.

I watched as they turned to face each other and then, right in front of my eyes, my boyfriend grabs her hand, and they kiss passionately.

I felt tears starting to leak out of my eyes. I back up, ready to go, when I stepped on a twig. As it snaps, Jace turns to find out what had made the noise. He sees me and the tears running down my face.

"How could you?", I whisper, barely audible. He hears me though.

As he steps toward me, he whispers my name. With that one word, the dam breaks. All of my confusion, anger, and most of all, pain, hit me like a brick wall. I turn and run as fast as I can. Behind me, I hear Jace calling after me. I knew that he would try to follow me, but i didn't care.

Running, I realize that I just need to leave. To go somewhere, anywhere, far away from here.

I run into the Institute. Alec hears the front door slam, and calls out a greeting, but I go straight into my room. I grab a duffel bag, furiously shoving clothes and other necessities into it. The second I was done, I snatched up my stele and drew a rune for a portal.

I stand in front of the wall as the swirling, blue portal comes into view, thinking about where to go. I remember an Institute on the western border of France, in Poitou-Charentes. I know a little French, so the language barrier won't be as bad as it would be in, say, Japan. So I jump into the portal, bound for France.

Hey, It's Me! I just wanted to say that this is the first writing piece that I have been able to stick with, so me publishing something on Wattpad is pretty crazy! Many of these chapters will not be very long, but I'm pretty proud of this! Anyways, Thanks For Reading!! See ya next chapter ;) Im out! Byeeeeeeeeee! <3

P.S. I would really appreciate if you could please leave a comment and tell me what you think, and if you have any suggestions on how I can make this better, please tell me! (No Hating Tho)