Chapter 16

JACE'S POV

Clary looks different; she looks older and more mature, and very tired. As I sit down, waiting for her to come back, I wonder about who is crying. It's obviously a young child, but I don't know whose child it is.

Then Clary walks back in with a baby girl in her arms. It looks at me, and it has Clary's red hair. But then I see her eyes. They are gold, exactly like mine. I look at Clary, utterly confused.

Clary takes a deep breath, then says in a careful, measured voice, "Jace, this is my, um our, daughter, Jocelyn Valerie. Josie for short."

Our daughter?! I can't believe this. Clary has children. No, Clary has my children. I'm a... father?

"Ours...?, I ask. She nods.

Clary asks, "Do you want to hold her?"

I reach out and take the baby in my arms tenderly. She tries to grab my face with her hands, so I hold one of them to stop her. I'm filled with a sort of happiness that I've never felt before. I am this baby's dad, and I think I like it.

A smile begins to form, and Clary hugs me and our baby.

I look at Clary, and playfully ask, "So, you didn't name her after both sides of the family?"

The another cry comes from the other side of the house. I look at Clary, confused. She looks at me worriedly, the rushes down the hallway. Dang, she moves fast now.

Josie starts to squirm so I put her down, and she immediately crawls off and starts playing with the toys scattered around on the floor.

Clary comes back, and she has another baby in her arms, but this one is boy. He has Clary's eyes, but blond hair. Could this one be mine too, I wonder?

Clary says, "I was getting ready to tell you that we actually have, well, twins, but we were interrupted. She tickles the boy playfully.

"Twins?", I say, shocked.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah!", I smile, still flustered. "Of course, this is amazing news! I really am happy! It's just... a lot to take in. What's his name?"

Clary smiles,then says, "William Maxwell. For you."

William, my several times great grandfather, (A/N: Thank you everyone for helping me with the relation) and Maxwell, for my little brother.

"It's perfect!", I think, beaming.

"Ah, there's my side of the family!"

Clary just shakes her head and whispers, "I love you...", and everything seems to be as it should be.

Hey, so before all of you are all like "This is just a copy of the last chapter!", it's supposed to be! I wanted to write this part from both POVs, so you could see how both feel. For the next several chapters, I'll be bouncing from POVs a lot. So, thank you SOOO much for reading! Comment to tell me your thoughts! Lots of Luvs ~Abby

P.S: if you haven't heard Brave Honest Beautiful by 5th Harmony, listen to it! I love it!