Chapter 26

CLARY'S POV

I smiled as Alec's mouth dropped open and everyone else's eyes bugged out of their heads. Isabelle was, not surprisingly, the first to recover from the shock.

"Um, excuse me?! 'OUR BABIES'?!", she quoted loudly.

Jace laughed. "Yes Iz, ours. I am their father, and Clary is their mother. Do I need to go into detail?"

Simon was opening and closing his mouth as if he had forgotten how to form words. Then he started mumbling, "So you mean, you two... your children... twins... why you ran away?"

"Yes, Simon, twins. Born on April 15th. That's who the party is for. And I didn't know about them until after I, um, left.", I said, deciphering what he was attempting to say.

Magnus cleared his throat. "Why don't you two, er, four, sit down and tell us the whole story."

Jace and Alec nodded and said, "Good idea.", at the same time, then looked at each other, burst out laughing, and proceeded to man-hug each other.

"I missed you man.", Alec said. "You too, Clary.", he said, coming to hug me. "We all did."

"Before we sit down and catch up, I gotta pay Valerie for babysitting.", I said, rushing out of the room with Will in my arms.

.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

"Ok, I'm back", I said, seeing that nothing had changed since I left the room. "Are we gonna sit down?"

Everyone nodded. Alec sat down beside Magnus, and Jace and I sat down against the fireplace with the kids.

"Clary, what happened since you left?", Simon asks, imploringly.

"Well, I came straight to the institute here. I stayed there for 6-7 months then moved to this house before the babies were born. I found out about them the day after I left. Jace arrived when they were 6 months old. He's been living here ever since. I work at a restaurant in town, and both Jace and I train the kids that live at the institute."

JACE'S POV

After Clary had finished her explanation, I looked around at our friends' reactions. They all looked generally stunned. I picked up Will and bounced him around, waiting for someone else to speak.

Magnus spoke first. "Okay, this is a lot to take in at once, but I think I got it. So, William and Jocelyn are twins, you two are the parents, and I'm guessing we are here for their first birthday?"

I nodded. "That is a basic summary, yeah."

One look at Izzy and you could tell she was trying, and failing, to cover up how pissed she was.

"Alright Isabelle, out with it."

She looked like she tried to collect herself, then exploded. "JACE HERONDALE YOU'VE BEEN HERE FOR 6 MONTHS AND WE FIRST HEARD FROM YOU 2 WEEKS AGO?! WE WERE WORRIED SICK! I THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAD! AND CLARY, YOU COULD HAVE AT LEAST TOLD US YOU WERE ALIVE. I THOUGHT AT YOU WOULD HAVE AT LEAST TOLD ME THAT YOU WERE LEAVING...!"

Will grabbed onto me, frightened by Izzy's outburst. Josie beelined for Clary.

"Calm yourself Izzy, you're scaring the kids. That was a little uncalled for. I'm sorry I didn't write, but there was a lot to adjust to here. I got busy, you know, being a father.", I said sternly.

Clary was holding Josie, looking down at her lap. "I'm really sorry Iz. I know I should've told you. The least I could've done was tell you that I was alright. I just, I needed to get away from New York. And I got preoccupied with the twins.", she mumbled.

I reached over and grabbed her hand, sending her a silent message. You have nothing to be ashamed of.

Izzy looked at Clary and immediately looked guilty.

"I'm sorry, I was just... scared I had lost both of you."

"Izzy, I promise you haven't lost us. If anything, you gained 2 more of us.", Clary said reassuringly.

Alec, always the level-headed one, spoke up. "What's done is done. What matters now is that we are all back together."

Magnus backed Alec up. "Alec is right. We are all back together and that's what important."

Clary stood up with Jocelyn on her hip. "I think this reunion calls for a big dinner. I'll call Valerie and we can eat some good French food at the Institute."

Okay, so I'm basically a horrible human being. I haven't updated in forever. I know it's a lame excuse but school has been horrendous. But,  I only have 14 days of school left, and this summer is going to be all about not being a horrible human being, which means updating frequently. So.... yeah. Luvs ya bunches, Abby <3