Chapter 10

Sage and Fred laid on their backs on Sage's bed, both of their shimmering, sweat sheened, bare chests rising and falling with heaving breaths. They both looked absolutely and utterly fucked.

Once Sage caught enough of her breath and realized that she didn't want to be laying naked and exposed next to Fred any more, she got up and walked into her closet to throw on a big t-shirt and some new underwear, not rushing too fast to get dressed because, well, Fred had already seen it all. Twice.

When she walked out of the closet, Fred was propped up against her headboard with her comforter barely covering his lower half. She could see his v-line and the smallest bit of hair peeking out above the blanket which she guessed was deliberate if she knew Fred.

"So..." Fred started, leaning back further into the headboard and looking all-too comfortable.

"So," Sage said, inviting him to continue, and re-did her hair into a bun.

Fred huffed and rolled his eyes. They both knew what he was trying to ask but Sage felt like being a little shit.

"So, what does this mean?" Fred asked. He was not at all sheepish to ask the question. Fucking once could be written off as a one off, but twice was the beginning of a pattern. Or at least he hoped so.

Sage sighed and sat down near the foot of the bed. She didn't feel like she had the willpower to sit close to him while he was in his sweaty, sex-haired naked glory. "I'm not having this conversation while you're naked."

Fred grinned and wiggled his eyebrows. "Too distracting?".

"Totally," Sage answered, voice dripping with sarcasm. Even though that was in fact the case.

Fred rolled his eyes and complied. When he stood up from the bed he too didn't rush to his clothes or cover himself while he walked. He strided over to his jumbled up clothes on the ground and dragged on a pair of sweatpants to the lowest that they could possibly sit without falling off of his hips, no underwear underneath. If Sage's eyes lingered on the soft length of his cock as he did so, that was no one's business but her own.

"So we fucked," Fred bluntly stated as he sat himself back down in his old spot on her bed. "Twice."

Sage cleared her throat and moved to sit next to him against the headboard. If they were really going to talk about it, she was going to get comfortable.

"Um, yeah." She didn't really know what else to say.

"Do you regret it?," he asked, again bluntly.

"No, no, of course not," Sage said while shaking her head as if that was the furthest thing from the truth. "But, um, I'm not really, like, looking for a relationship," she said sheepishly. She was really hoping that that wasn't what he thought this was.

Fred chuckled and waved her off. "Okay good. Me neither." Whether that statement was fully true or not was for Fred's mind only.

"Okay good," Sage said.

A silence fell over the room as both of them became occupied with their thoughts. It really should have been awkward - especially after they just had sex for the second time without talking about what it meant - but it wasn't. They were both just too comfortable around one another for things to ever get too awkward and they both knew that this was a complicated situation. There were a lot of things to think through and a lot of questions that they both wanted to ask.

Fred sighed and broke the silence. He turned on the bed so that he was angled at Sage and looked at her with a look that was filled with apprehension. "Listen, Sage, I really really care about our friendship and I really don't want to mess it up. If this made anything weird or-"