Chapter 50 ~ Epilogue

2 years later

"Is that all the boxes?" Sage yelled from the kitchen when she heard the front door kicked shut. They'd been leaving it open while they lugged the absurd amount of boxes that they had up the stairs to their new apartment; she was hoping that the closed door symbolized the end of the sweaty, finger-cramping, work.

"Yep," Fred said as he walked into the kitchen, smiling when he saw her sitting on the countertop drinking water out of the first mug that she could find on the top of one of the boxes that sat on top of one of the mountains. He moved to stand in between her legs as she opened them for him, placing his hands on her thighs and leaning in to give her a quick kiss on the lips. "We're all done."

She smiled and nudged him out of the way with her knee so that she could hop off of the counter and place her mug in the sink before moving outside of the kitchen to the living room, just looking at their apartment. "Can you believe that this is all ours?" she asked without turning around to make sure that Fred had followed her.

"Honestly? No," Fred said, now standing next to her. "I can't believe any of this. You're out of Hogwarts and have a real job, I'm not living with my brother anymore. We're like, proper adults now."

Sage giggled. "I wouldn't go that far."

Fred laughed. "You're right."

They stood in silence for a moment and just admired their new home, no matter how bare and undecorated it was at the moment. Sage couldn't believe that it was all theirs. Theirs. Together. It was absolutely, positively, insane.

When she'd graduated Hogwarts, it wasn't really even a discussion that she'd be living with Fred. They never even talked about it really, they just came to each other with different apartment listings and that was that.

Luna and George were still together - to absolutely no one's surprise - and she and George had also been planning on moving in together after would graduate a year later. They all decided that Fred would move out and find a new place with Sage, somewhere closer to where Sage worked as an intern for the Department for the Control and Regulation of Magical Creatures at the Ministry of Magic, and that George would just live alone for a year until Luna would join him.

The place they chose was perfect, really. It was close enough to the Ministry of Magic that Sage could walk to work if she wanted and it had a fireplace that had access to the Floo Network so that Fred could get to work every day.

Sage hadn't originally thought that they'd move very far, she hadn't really wanted to either. She had expected that she'd need to find a way to get to work every day once she got the internship, whether by Floo or apparition. She hadn't thought that Fred would ever want to move too far away from his family, let alone London.

It'd been a big topic of conversation for a while, even causing a few fights between the couple, until they decided on making the big move. Sage had thought that Fred had suggested moving only so that she could be closer to work and had felt horrible for making him move his entire life just for her, no matter how many times he told her that he actually wanted to try living in a big city for a while and wanted to get out of their small town. Fred had thought that Sage was declining his suggestion just so that they could be near his family and felt horrible that she would hold herself back just for him, no matter how many times she told him that she actually liked the quiet life and wasn't quite sure about living in the big city.

They learned to trust what one another said after that, not make up their own opinions on what the other wanted.

That was how most of their fights went, no matter how few they were. It was always out of their love for the other when they did rarely bicker, whether it was about what kind of dog they'd get, where they were thinking of going for the holidays, or what they were having for dinner that night. It was always Sage fighting for what Fred wanted and vise versa. It was sort of an atypical way for a couple to fight.