Chapter 22

Sage's next weeks passed by in a daze, her days filled with most of the same things that made her love being away at school. One would think that Sage would get bored of living so many similar days, but Sage couldn't disagree more. She loved all of the small things that made her days at Hogwarts special. She didn't mind if she had the same routine every day, it was comfortable and it made her happier than ever.

Her weeks passed with a smile on her face, she was blissfully unaware of what was going on right under her own nose. It wasn't until she walked into her room after school one day that she finally discovered it.

She really should have known, but it still came as a shock.

She opened the door, fully expecting to just grab her missing book and leave, but after she stood up from reaching underneath her bed to grab the book, that was when Hermione and Ginny both walked out of the bathroom - both giggling and only wearing towels wrapped around their bodies.

They didn't seem to see her at first, too enamored with one another, but Sage's loud gasp drew their attention to her.

"Sage!" Hermione said, eyes wide in shock. "I um, I thought you were studying?".

"Yeah, I needed to come grab my potions book," she said slowly and held up the book in her hand as proof. Her surprised expression soon curled up into something more happy and victorious as she really took in the scene in front of her. "You- I can't believe- I knew it! Finally! I told you, Ginny, I told you that it would happen." Ginny's face immediately turned pink and it only made Sage's smile grow even more. "It did happen, right?".

They both nodded their heads, both of them looking guilty yet smitten at the same time.

"I'm so happy for you!" Sage cheered before she paused, her smile slowly morphing into a frown. "Wait a minute, no I'm not. I'm so not happy. Why did I not know about this sooner?".

Ginny opened her mouth to explain but then soon shut it again, seeming to not have the right answer.

"Gin, I 'ought to kill you! I talk you through it this entire time but you keep it a secret from me? Did you think I'd be mad or something? What the hell? I've been so excited for you this entire time and always-"

"Sage," Hermione said softly, holding her hand up. The hand that wasn't holding up her towel to keep her from being fully exposed, that is. "I asked her not to tell you. It's only been a couple of weeks and we've only been on a few dates. I just wanted to wait a little bit, this is my first relationship with a girl." Her eyes widened after she said the last part and she turned to Ginny, looking insecure. "Or, uh, I don't know if it's a relationship. I didn't mean, uh."

The widest smile that Sage had ever seen took over Ginny's entire face. "I'd love it if we were in a relationship, 'Mione." Hermione grinned and Ginny fully turned towards her, her demeanor taking on mock-seriousness. "Hermione Granger, will you be my girlfriend?".

Hermione practically beamed and turned to face Ginny. "Yes, Ginny Weasley, I will." She bent forward and pressed a quick kiss to Ginny's lips, both of them pulling away with sickenly sweet smiles on their faces.

It was one of the cutest scenes that Sage had ever seen - both of them clad only in towels, completely stripped bare of everything else and still looking at one another as if they were the most beautiful thing that they'd ever seen. It was so intimate that Sage felt like she was intruding. That didn't stop her heart from melting in her chest, though.

"Okay, okay, I'm not mad anymore. I'm so unbelievably happy for you guys. I'll get out of your hair, I was just stopping to grab the book anyways."