Chapter 10

I woke up a little later than I normally would the next morning. My conversation with George still fresh in the back of my mind. When I headed down to the common room "Good your up!" George said making me jump. "Bloody hell George! You scared me" I said holding my hand to my chest. "sorry" he chuckled. "Why you up? Your never up this early?" I eyed him suspiciously. "I thought we could have breakfast together" he smiled. "Oh okay" I replied. He grabbed my hand and laced it with his and then began walking to the portrait hole Dragging me behind him.

"Can you slow down?" I asked still trailing behind him a little. "I'm not even walking that fast" he laughed. "Yes, you are, your legs are so bloody long" I grumbled. "No, you just have short legs" he shot back in a joking tone causing me to glare at him. One thing I've learned being friends with George Weaselly is that he loves to take the mick out of my height at every chance he gets. As we neared the great hall people began to stare at us meaning it had already been spread around the school about me and George.

Once we entered the hall it was evident that there were more people staring at us. I looked down to the floor not being able to look at people without feeling uncomfortable under there stare. "Stop looking down" George whispered to me. I glared at him "you don't know how uncomfortable this is for me right now, this is why I told you I can't do this whole fake relationship thing" I said through gritted teeth. "And I told you I would support and help you know matter what" he shot back dragging us to sit down at the table.

We sat downside by side and George immediately started eating as where I didn't. I didn't feel like eating so I just took a sip of water. "Why are you not eating?" George nudged my side. "Don't feel like it" I shrugged. "You need to eat y/n" he warned me. "I Told you I don't feel like it, I'm not hungry" I mumbled back. He sighed and placed his fork down. "What's the matter?". I shook my head, "nothing George". "Well clearly there is, I can tell something is bothering you" he replied. "It's nothing George just leave it" I said looking at him. "It's not nothing, so tell me "He demanded.

I turned in my seat slightly to face him. "George, I said I'm fine so just leave it will you!". He scoffed obviously not believing me. "Come on just tell me " he said sounding like he was getting Fed up. Instead of continuing the conversation I went to stand up to leave but George pulled me back down by the sleeve of my robe. "Oh, you're not walking away" he warned. "Now tell me before I shove some truth telling potion down your throat" he threatened even though I knew he would never do such a thing.

I sighed in defeat "People are staring George, everywhere I go people are staring at me and whispering about me." I swallowed my own words. "People are giving me funny looks and I fucking hate it." I looked down avoiding his eyes. "Then let's give them something to fucking stare at, let's give them something to talk about" he gently gripped my chin and pulled my head up. "Wha-" but I was cut off by George leaning forward cupping my cheek in his left hand. "I said let's give people something to talk about" and then he leaned in connecting his lips to mine. After about 10 seconds he pulled away looking into my eyes with smirk on his face. "If people want to talk about us then we'll give them something to talk about at every chance we get" he whispers as he finally removed his hand from my cheek. I took a deep breath and let a small smile crawl its way on to my face.

We continued to stare at each other for a few more seconds until the sound of someone clearing their throat pulled us out of our little trance. We turned to see Fred sitting down in front of us. It was clear there was an atmosphere between Fred and George because you could cut the tension with a knife. "Where did use two sneak off to last night?" Fred said raising his left eyebrow. "The party got boring" I said "so we left to spend some alone time together" George finished as he grabbed my hand that was resting on the table. This Fred did not fail to notice, I watched his eyes fall to our now intertwined hands. I picked up a piece of toast with my free hand and began eating it. Out of the corner of my eye I noticed George smiling at me, so I squeezed his had to let him know I saw him. His smile only grew bigger at this.

Once I'd finished my toast, I stood up from the table which earnt me a questioning look from George. "I'm just heading to the library to take some books back; I'll see you in potions" I squeezed his shoulder. He nodded in response. A huge surge of confidence overcame me, so I bent down slightly and kissed him on the cheek. "I'll see you in a bit" Those actions caused George to let out a huge smile. "Yeah, see Ya"