Chapter 12

- Update WOO!
Heyy! I'm back! Sorry it's been so long again, life and writer's block have been merciless ;-;
But now I'm ready to get back in the game!

I'm not really happy with how this extra-long chapter turned out, but it iz what it iz

Warning: Blood, death, violence, swearing

Enjoy!

~•~
New World
~•~

Plumes of smoke rose into the night sky, staining the sea of stars with an ugly coat of shifting ash. The kingdom was reaching ruin, the castle's mighty structure cutting through the sky gradually wilting beneath the ravenous forces tearing mercilessly into its flesh.

Within the courtyard, the gory mess of the castle's broken territory littered about, fought two men, bright flames of magic dancing around their bodies as they battled. One man, the King of the Diamond Kingdom, the First Immortal, Steve Divine. The other man, the Ruler of the Nether. The God of Destruction, Herobrine.

Behind the King stood a woman, lively green magic twirling around her elegant frame, her eyes blazing with nothing but anguish and hatred. The beloved wife of Steve, Queen Alex Divine.

A shuddering explosion rippled across the field as the gleaming blades of the two men met with a blinding clash.

"You will not succeed!" Steve shouted, azure eyes blazing. "As long as our forces stand on the pillars of the world, you will not win!"

"That's where you're wrong!" Herobrine bellowed, raising his arms into the air. A sickly white magic sparked to life like a flame on his open palms, his own ebony black magic mingling with it and turning it an ashen gray.

Steve's eyes widened. "No...t-that's impossible!" At his side, Alex quietly gasped in fear. "That...that magic..." The woman tightened her grip on her bow. "How did you get it?!"

Herobrine chuckled. "It was only a matter of time before Brother passed his possessions to me. With this, I will show the world true power."

Aura flaring brightly, the God rushed forward with a blinding flash. "Ycrem on evah lliw I dnA!"

——~•~——

"So...the kingdom was...destroyed?"

A sad sigh. "Yeah, it was."

"From what we saw, the castle was completely in flames."

"We're not even sure if most of the people within the city were able to evacuate in time."

After Sky was well fed with some jerky, bread and a few packets of butter they had packed (Seto wasn't sure if he had been dipping his bread into his butter or dipping his butter into his bread; the packets were licked clean), the four had saddled back onto their horses they found in a meadow nearby and began retracing their steps to the east. There was just a sliver of daylight left, the sky a brilliant shade of violet as dusk began to swallow the evening light. The tall redwood trees above provided a dark shield from the fading sunset, and the three boys found themselves constantly glancing around their surroundings anxiously.

If Sky noticed their distress, he didn't show it.

The revived Guardian was currently lost halfway in his own world upon the back of Tyler's horse, his shaded eyes constantly glazing over in and out of focus. Seto couldn't see what exactly was bothering him, but just by his posture he could tell something was definitely on his mind. He wasn't surprised, either, the poor guy just woke up from a five hundred year sleep. The sorcerer was just hoping the deity's laser-hot stare wouldn't bore a hole into Tyler's back.