Chapter 5

- Hey guys! I gotta say, there is quite a bit of dialogue in this chapter. Why? Cuz there's a lot of people! Writing a scene with so much people in it is quite difficult. It's only gonna be worse next chapter oof-

Sorry if you get confused on any part of this chapter, I'm not good with describing civilizations and all that. Just tell me if you get confused and have a question, I'll try to elaborate and answer it the best I can.

Helpful criticism is welcome! Please! I want to know what I'm doing right and what I'm doing wrong! You're the one reading it, so I want to know what you think!

And sorry this is a day late. I had to get the drawing done since I didn't have it ready so I rushed it >~<

This is another long chapter btw

Warning: Blood, violence
(You should already expect this by now)

Enjoy!

~•~
A Pack's Helping Hand
~•~

If there was one thing Seto absolutely despised, it was killing.

Especially killing zombies.

Blood just got everywhere. His fire blasts and spells struck straight through the moldering mob's soft flesh, sending guts and fetid innards flying through the air in revolting splashes of crimson. It stained his clothing, stuck in his hair, coated his skin. Ugh, it just got everywhere.   

The sharp sound of a sword whistling through the air filled his ears along with the crackling of his own magic. He and Jordan stood back to back, fending off approaching monsters that dared step close to their friends. To his left, Ant was plowing through the mobs with his own iron blade, with the help of Bodil and Nick. Brice and a red-headed male by the name of Dar were fending off mobs to their right, stone swords swinging in deadly arches. Standing far to the side under a cluster of trees stood Tyler, along with the rest of the survivors in the group: a watermelon-skinned mutant called Basher, a purple-haired woman known as Tiffany, and a mute boy in a green shirt by the name of Sub. Seto knew Basher, Sub and the others were from his own town, and from their chat earlier on, Tiffany said she had come from the city, along with Jordan, who was visiting his town at the time.

Seto let out a low grunt as he thrusted out his arm, sending a purple fireball towards a small group of creepers that sent them flying and exploding in a messy burst of burnt flesh and gunpowder. "Duck!" Jordan called, and the sorcerer complied, hearing the sharp whistle of Jordan's blade gliding over his head and plunging through a spider leaping from above. He ignored the putrid bodily fluids that rained down on his shoulder, and with the help of Jordan, quickly beheaded an armored skeleton and blasted it to bits.

"Hey, Bodil!" Seto called out, nimbly dodging a skeleton's arrow that sailed over his head. He happily shot a fiery projectile of his own back.

"Yes?" the man responded, cutting down an approaching zombie.

"This place you mentioned, the Northern Isles? How far is it from where we stand now?"

Bodil stopped in his offense, tapping his chin with a finger as he spun around in place. Ant gave out a strained grunt as he pushed away a spider that was just about to pounce on the man.

"Bodil! Pay attention!"

Humming, Bodil squinted his orange eyes as he faced a certain direction, no longer in care of the messy battle around him. "It's this way. Judging by the plains just up ahead and the hills in the distance, I'd say we're maybe a day's walk away?"

"And you don't sound so sure of yourself, why?" Brice pressed, kicking a spider in the face. The blond's hair was matted down with sweat, as were all the others who were fighting.