Chapter 8

- Hey! I'm back! Sorry for the month long disappearance ;-;
A lot of things have been going on in life lately, so I've struggled finding the time to write. Sorry that Vik looks a little weird, I always have a hard time with his anatomy, I don't know why.

Writer's block rknejdonenwjdjnrbbrhe

I don't have much to say, so let's get right to the chapter. Time for hype!

Enjoy!

~•~
Hope's Magnificent Enchantment
~•~

The streets were void and silent for a stormy night, the torrenting rain lashing down on the sleeping city and making the vast structure glisten within its layer of liquid glass. The lamps posted around were giving off a warm glow, illuminating the roads in a soft golden light. Seto kept a firm grip on the edges of his jacket's hood to shelter his face from the pelting rain, the cold wind blowing by nipping at his skin and slithering beneath his clothing. As they walked, the sorcerer nimbly dodged around the puddles housing in the deep groves of the stone pathway, their mirrored faces stealing the image of the lights above.

"Where are we heading?" Seto asked, blowing a stray curl of hair from his eyes as he glanced at the young man beside him. Vik was silently leading him along to his left, his face blank and his broad stance a bit tense, a sight that made Seto slightly uneasy.

"To my house," he simply answered. He turned his head towards him, and Seto saw nothing but a face of stone. There was a vehement glaze in his rusty brown eyes, and whatever else he was thinking, he hid it well. "There's something important I need to show you."

Seto slowly nodded, his questioning stare turning more concerned. "Like what?"

Vik stared back forward. "You'll see when we get there."

Having no clue as to why Vik was acting so inscrutable, Seto kept silent as they arrived to his house. The spruce wood structure was large, but no bigger than a miniature mansion, lined cleanly with stone bricks and circled by a paved patio. The stretch of open land was encased by a tall metal fence that Vik opened, the door letting out a hushed screech as he pushed it aside. Seto admired the outside decor as they wandered up to the front door upon the large porch, flower beds lining the cobblestone path and littered all about the property, splashing it with bright and vivid colors that made it very appealing to the eye. There was an acacia wood gazebo to the right in the front yard, elevated and decorated with a matching table and chairs. Far behind it towards the back of the house was a similar pergola structure constructed of stone, a large pit in the shape of a swimming pool beneath it. A bright glow blazed from within, casting a soft orange light upon the surroundings. A lava pit, Seto assumed.

To the left side of the house, there was a small open field, wooden targets and posts scattered about for combat training. An in-ground swimming pool rested behind it, its glimmering surface swarmed with tiny ripples as the rain pelted it mercilessly. There was a well just to the side of the front of the house, the wooden bucket swaying side to side as the icy wind gusted through. The property was spacious and well kept, Seto found it welcoming.

Once they reached the front door, Vik pulled out his keys and unlocked it, one of the mahogany double doors swinging open. Vik led him inside, and once Seto crossed the threshold, a comforting atmosphere of warmth hugged his damp and shivering body. The sweet fragrance of lavender filled his nostrils, along with the tantalizing aroma of freshly baked bread and what smelled like cookies. The embracing warmth came from the fire pit snuggled in the far corner of the large living room to the right, the dancing flames emitting a bright and soft orange light that blazed steadily. On the sofa to the side lounged Rob, his languid body stretched across the cushions, an open book encased within an azure blue aura levitating above his head.