Chapter 9

- Hey! I wrote 7 essays these past weeks ;P

It's not Friday, but it's been so loong

I know the map is bad, don't laugh plz. It's there for reference

Enjoy!

~•~
Beyond the Horizon
~•~

A soft breeze drifted in from the open window, swaying the curtains in an elegant dance and providing fresh air to flow throughout the pale blue study room. The warm morning sunlight spilling in from outside illuminated the map laid out on the spruce wood desk, a slim feather pen scribbling over it as Seto wrote down his plans.

"Each of those marked territories are vacant of civilization," Rob spoke across from him, the mage resting in a cushioned chair beside the wooden desk. "Some towns are nearby, but I don't think they would have been disturbed." He stood up, approaching the desk and leaning over it. "Each colored mark is the location of a large energy burst recent reports have documented. Most people wouldn't bother with them, since energy bursts like these are just assumed to be sorcerer battle grounds or the release of built up energy from the earth beneath the ground." Rob pointed to a research article pushed to the side Seto had read over earlier. "But the data the graphs show on this speak differently. These bursts are more than just built up energy. They are large sparks of a powerful magical energy that leave a lingering aura nobody wants to enter because of its intensity. Unless they're some sort of magic barrier or beacon, then these six locations are most likely Guardian locations."

Seto nodded his head, his eyes scouring over the map. "Great, so we know highly possible locations we can travel to. If they're not, we still will have a lead once we revive the first." Recounting the numbers, Seto pointed at a specific orange mark toward the west coast of Pixelica. "What about this one? Why's it a different color?"

Rob followed his gesture. "That spot is weaker than the others, but it still gives off the same powerful signature. I don't know why, but in all the documents I've read, that particular spot of energy has significantly decreased over time to the point it's basically vanished."

~•~

~•~

"If a Guardian was there, do you think they were moved?"

"It's likely. But the thing is, only six energy signatures remain across the world. That seventh hasn't shown up anywhere else. It's strange."

Seto hummed, tapping his chin with a finger. "I guess that's something we'll have to think about once we get there. We have six definite locations. We should stick working with those for now."

Rob nodded. "Of course. If I were to decide, I would suggest traveling across the continent to get the first, then crossing the Obsidian Ocean to get the second from Oreland."