Chapter 24

- Hey! Here with the next part! I know I said tomorrow like a month ago but thingshappenedlet'scontinueon!
(Honestly at this point just expect an update like every 2 weeks - 2 months since I'm so bad lol)

I was watching some of Slamacow's old animations and Lachlan's mc parodies and started uncontrollably sobbing.

Warning: Major violence, blood, graphic descriptions, swearing

~•~
Basilisk Battle
~•~

"Anything yet?"

"No. How about you?"

"Nothin'."

Preventing himself from releasing another sigh, Brice allowed himself a moment to lean up against a tree trunk and rest. "We've been at this for at least two hours now. How are we gonna find this thing?"

A few yards away from him, Sky's armored shoulders dropped in a heavy sigh. "I do not know. I thought I had sensed it. It is nearby, but something seems to be interfering with my senses."

Brice pursed his lips, eyeing the direction where he believed the others had gone off in. "Maybe the others have found it and forgot to tell us?"

Sky straightened up and turned to him. "Perhaps, maybe we should-"

The lightning Guardian was abruptly cut off as a faint, but audibly terrified scream pierced the air in the distance.

"That was Tyler!" Brice exclaimed, feeling his heart plummet into his stomach like a rock. But before he could even let out his sentence, Sky was already on the move, the deity dashing into the jungle with a panicked urgency. "Come, hurry!"

Immediately scurrying onto his tail, the two tore through the thick foliage of the jungle in a fervent sprint. Brice could feel his blood rushing rapidly through his veins, chilled in fear yet rising to a burning simmer at the surge of adrenaline coursing in flames throughout his body. Not again, not again!

For what felt like minutes far too long, the two ran, urgency and adrenaline powering their limbs in a fast sprint. After bounding and jumping and diving under crisscrossing branches and roots, Sky and Brice finally reached the clearing, charging out of the foliage in a burst of electric sparks and swinging iron.

Brice took one glance at the scene, and his eyes widened in shocked terror. "What the hell is that?!"

Before they arrived, at the initial strike, Ty had leapt forward, conjuring up a hasty shield to block the mutant snake's attack directed straight at Tyler. The mutant's snout had bounced off of the neon shield with a quivering thunk, which made it recoil back in pain. Momentarily distracted, Ty had grabbed both Tyler's and Seto's arms and forcefully yanked them both back at a safer distance away.

Currently, Ty and Seto were standing on either side of the mutant snake at a close yet cautious distance, the two's arms held up high, trembling hands alight with the bright colors of their respective magic. Said force was being used to keep the snake's mouth shut and frozen in a struggling position. Tyler was standing a little bit away, slightly scrambling out of panic as he tried to nock an arrow onto his bow string.

At the arrival of the two, Ty's eyes flicked toward them. His voice was filled with concentrated urgency. "Sky!"

Immediately getting the message, Sky dashed forward, unsheathing his golden sword with a flash of yellow sparks. Quickly bending down, the lightning Guardian launched himself into the air with a powerful leap that created a small shockwave of dust, heaved out a yell and swung his sword in a wide arch, the sharp tip pointed straight at the snake's head.