Chapter 12

»»————- ★ ————-««

»»————- ★ ————-««

             "Dereks outside, waiting for Lydia." Scott informs.

"Waiting to kill her?" Allison ask. "If he thinks she's the kanima, then yes. Especially after what happened at the pool." Scott replies.

"I remember briefly." I comment earning a glare from stiles which I gladly returned. "It's not her." Stiles says turning towards Scott.

"Stiles, she didn't pass the test, man. Nothing happened." Scott spoke. "No. It can't be her." Stiles mumbles.

"It doesn't matter, because Derek thinks it's her. So, either we convince him that he's wrong, or we've got to figure out a way to protect her." Allison sighs.

"I really don't think he's gonna do anything here, not at school." Scott continues. "What about after school?" Allison questions. Scott sighs in response and Allison begins to get frustrated, I see stiles glance over towards me.

"What if we can prove that Dereks wrong?" Allison asks. "By three o'clock?" Stiles buts in. "There could be something in the bestiary." Allison worried.

"Oh, you mean the 900 page book written in Archaic Latin that none of us can read? Good luck with that." Stiles fumed. "Hey. Yelling isn't gonna get you anywhere." I roll my eyes at his anger, but it's Lydia who's in trouble so it doesn't surprise me that he's yelling.

"Actually, I think I know someone who might be able to translate it." Allison says deep in thought. "Uh, I can talk to Derek. Maybe convince him to give us a chance to prove that it's not her." Scott sighs.

"I'll come as well. I don't think Derek would hurt me cause I'm Isaac's sister and if Isaac's there then maybe I can get him to talk to Derek." I state.

"What no. You don't know for sure that Derek won't hurt you, I don't know about anyone else but I don't feel like taking that risk." Stiles speaks up from beside me.

"It's for Lydia, remember? My friend. I'm helping." I argue.

"Okay, Lilah comes with me, don't worry, I won't let her get hurt." He says at stiles who looks unsure of the plan. "But If anything happens, you guys let me handle it, okay?" Scott says.

"What does that mean?" Allison hesitated. "It means you can't heal like I do." Scott replies like it's the most obvious thing in the world. "I just don't want you getting hurt." He continues.

We all watch as Allison reaches into her bag and pulls out a crossbow.

"That fit in your bag? What do you think will happen at school that you're so worried about?" I question as my eyes widen at the sight of the crossbow lifting towards Allison.