Chapter 13

»»————- ★ ————-««

»»————- ★ ————-««

After we found out Jackson was the kanima I thought I'd go with Lydia and Allison to take Lydia home. It was the least we could do for dragging her into this mess.

We had parked at Lydia's house, me Lydia and Allison didn't say anything at first until Allison spoke up.

"I need you to promise that you won't say anything about what just happened." She said.

"I'll promise not to say anything about what just happened if you can tell me what the hell just happened!" Lydia freaked.

I stay quiet at the back not really wanting to get into this conversation.

"It's, it's kind of complicated. I-" Allison began.

"Well, how about you start with, why was Derek there?" Or where Jackson went, or what is wrong with Erica?" Lydia questioned. Allison opened her mouth to talk but hesitantly closed it again. "Uh, do you need a minute to come up with a plausible lie?" Lydia began.

"Part of the reason why I'm asking is because Scott and I aren't supposed to be seeing each other, okay? So, it's better if you just keep what you know to yourself." Allison argued.

"Fine." Lydia sighed. "I'll keep what I know about you and your boyfriend, which is nothing, to myself."

Lydia went to leave but Allison stopped her.

"Hey." Allison began. "He's not just my boyfriend. you get that, right?"

"Let me go.." Lydia said looking at her arm which Allison had a hold off.

"Just for one second, please, try and remember."Allison continued but got interrupted.

"Remember what?" Lydia yelled.

"Remember what it feels like. All of those times in school when you see him standing down the hall, and you cannot breathe until you're with him. Or those times in class when you.. you can't stop looking at the clock because you know that he's standing right out there waiting for you. Don't you remember what that's like?" Allison ranted.

I shifted awkwardly in my seat. I don't think I can even imagine someone loving me that much..

"No." Lydia admitted, snapping me out of my thoughts and turn to look at the strawberry blonde in front of me.

"What do you mean, no? You've had boyfriends." Allison told.

"None like that." The girl admitted. I look over to her sadly.

"Lydia-" I sighed. I was interrupted by her walking out of the car.

Me and Allison just looked at each other in pity before I got in the passenger seat and Allison drove me home.