Page 34

I rolled over and had to blink several times to focus my eyes and get my brain to work. Iggy leans up into my view smiling.

"Look he's alive." I chuckle and sit up slowly. He's fully human. I glance at the clock it says nine... AM.

"Shit was I out all night?"

"Yeah. Scared the crap out of me at first til I realized you just passed out. You stayed knotted and kept coming, for quite a long time." he was grinning at me.

"You are very proud of yourself aren't you?!"

"Absolutely." he leaned in and kissed me. "Hungry?"

"Starving."

"Come on I'll make you breakfast." he tossed some shorts at me and bounced out of the room. It being Sunday everyone was around. Grace and Ebony were giggling on the couch as I came down. The saw me and smiled wider.

"He wakes. You scared the crap out of Iggy last night." Ebony tells me.

"How do you know?"

"He yelled for your dad." I looked at Iggy who was standing in the doorway to the kitchen and blushing.

"You've never done that before. I thought you'd shift to full form or something, that's usually what I do, not just pass out."

"You know turn about is totally fair play right?"

"Any time you want." he said and went to start making me breakfast. I went in and dropped at the table. Iggy started making me waffles and lots of bacon.

"While you were out," he said laughing "I was doing some research online. I found out that it'll actually be easier to buy a camper. I found a place on the edge of the city, wanna go look?"

"Sure. I think you're having fun spending money." he laughed.

"I admit I'm enjoying it, not just because I finally can but that it's being used for our pack. It's been sitting there for years. I never paid attention to it because mom had it in her will that I didn't get it till I was either twenty five or mated whichever came first. Honestly I figured I'd have to wait till I was twenty five to get to it. Dad gave me an allowance which by the way I noticed earlier he never stopped. That account has had two deposits into it. I don't know if it's important but he has. Anyway, I never thought to do much with it, get an apartment, maybe play around with it in investing. I always thought I'd mate a snake so there was no reason to worry about a pack. But I am loving using it for the pack." he slid a plate in front of me and stole a piece of bacon. Yeah, I could tell he was in a good mood. Part of it was last night but there was something going on other than that.

"That's good." I ate my food and watched him.

"What?" he asked after a minute.

"I don't know. You are happy, which is good but you almost sound high. You okay?" he stares at me.

"Uh, yeah. I guess so. I feel really awesome. I think most of it has to do with last night. I'm sure you know what an ego boost it is to have you pass out because of me." I laugh.

"Yeah. I know the feeling." I just grin at him and finish off my breakfast. Dad comes in and refills his coffee. He looks at me.

"I think you two should think of vacation, separately." he teased. I laughed.

"So how scared was he really?" I asked dad looking at Iggy.

"I'd say more startled and worried. Once I assured him you were fine he got a cat that ate the canary smile on his face."