Page 103

"Given how much trouble you've got you needed someone to help deal with that. How are the babies doing? I've been trying to let you guys have plenty of time to bond."

"I really appreciate that. Given we sort of took over your house. How is Alice?"

"chomping at the bit to go into labor. She's got three more weeks. She's really happy to have all of you here though. We were thinking that we'd have a big dinner tonight now that the babies have settled. Get your pack over here. A few of my pack would like to come see them. I said I'd ask on their behalf." my face clouded over.

"No. I'm sorry I know they aren't bad people, but they allowed others who were to just exist in their pack and did nothing. Feel free to take lots of pictures and share them as much as you want but no." he sighed but nodded not arguing with me. I know he still felt guilty that it was his own pack that tried to kill his son. I felt my phone vibrate. I pulled it out.

"Hey carver. Hows the pack?"

"doing well. we were just heading out to work and I wanted to see how things were going?"

"pretty good. They told you about Honey?"

"Yes. Four, that's something. I'm happy with Henry. I hope your luck with mates doesn't rub off." he said laughing.

"I'd like it to rub off and give me a break." Ian gave a wave and headed out. I chatted with carver catching up with him about the pack before he got to work. After hanging up I call each of my pack one by one and chat. I watch my mates get up one by one shower and find borrowed clothes. Emmy takes Carissa from me. Then they all takes babies and head downstairs. I follow along still on the phone. I was going to have to go to the trailers and work for a while. After breakfast I clear my throat, they aren't going to like this but... "I'm going to have to head to the trailers. I have work to do. I need to check in with Janice at work and call Paul about the trouble."

"Are you stupid?" Iggy asked. I saw Alex was instantly worried. Emmy rolled her eyes.

"No Luke, they shot Cecil from a long distance you aren't going anywhere near there. Especially with two sons and two daughter not to mention an entire pack that needs you. Call a guard to go past and bring you stuff." I looked at Honey. She snickered.

"I'm gonna go with Iggy's question on this one." I chuckled. But this raised another issue.

"We can't stay here forever. We have a home and territory. A pack." Iggy I could tell wasn't changing his stance. Alex was afraid. It was Emmy and Honey I waited on.

"He's got a point. We can't hide here. Not of we want our pack to be taken seriously. As it is most think we're pointless. We can't give in to them. No matter how much it might scare us we can't really back down." Emmy says on a sigh. I chuckle. I hadn't expected anyone to really go along with me.

"Uh, I think I can help a little." Honey says.

"Oh?" Iggy says not happy.

"uh, well... after my sister and that whole fiasco I start self defense took some gun courses. Then after getting shot..."

"you got shot?" Alex says.

"oh... yeah, uh hunters came across me on a run they shot me I killed them. Messy and bloody but I lived they didn't. But anyway, I took some more courses. There are things we can do to make shooting anyone hard. Arranging the trailers so you can't see who's coming and going. Planting trees to break line of sight things like that." Iggy was looking at her impressed. "If it's okay I'll go with you. Take a look at how things are and what we can do. Leave the others and the babies. Another day or two to get things going would be fine." I nod. I'm impressed.