Page 64

As lunch arrived I debated on what to do.

"Hey handsome." I looked up and grinned as I saw Emmy and Iggy bounce into the room.

"Hey." I stood and got kisses from both of them. "What brings you two into the city?"

"Baby shopping. We didn't see any cribs at the mall we liked so we are looking at a few around the city."

"Are you alone?"

"Yes, but we are in full view of lots of little humans where no one will bother us. We wanted to see if you wanted to go to lunch with us."

"Absolutely." I grabbed my jacket and they led the way out of the building. "I know a nice little place I go to regularly."

"Sure." Iggy says. Emmy slips her arm through mine and I take Iggy's hand.

"So I have some news for you. Matt requested to go back to the mail room. Grace gave me the files of three women in the company that would be good assistants. All three are mated, two even have kids so I think I'd be safe."

"Good. Take the oldest one." Iggy said scowling at me.

"I'll do that." I take him into the little Cafe. I get my normal turkey, Emmy gets a huge bowl of pasta and Iggy sorts through, gets a bowl of soup, and two ham sandwiches. Iggy says he'll wait for the food at the counter and makes me pick someplace to sit.

"So." she says smiling at me.

"So what?"

"So, not gonna pry out of us if a crib was the only reason we were in the city and dropped in to see you?"

"Nope. Don't care, I'm just glad to see you." I kiss her then turn to check on Iggy. As I'm watching some girl touches his shoulder. He turns and smiles brightly. "Uh, Emmy do you know who that is?"

"No." she says frowning. "She can back up ten feet though." I smiled at her. She might desire him physically but he was still ours and we were collectively jealous it seemed. I was managing to stay in my seat until I hear her say how much she missed him and they should go out for dinner some time. I stand up just as our name was called. Emmy gets our food while I grip Iggy's elbow.

"Hey." he smiles at me. "Luke this is Abby, Abby, Luke."

"Hi." I say shortly trying not to glare at her. She's still got a tight hold on his hand and arm. "How do you two know each other?" I ask. Iggy hesitates, Abby just answers.

"Oh we dated a while back. Then I left for college. I never expected to just run into him like this. I was just trying to entice him to dinner. You'd be welcome to come, I have a few hot friends I could introduce you too."

"Thanks but I think my fiance' and I will have to decline." I jerk him with me as I move toward the door.

"Fiance'?" I hear her question as I stride for the door. I'm pulling him along with me Emmy following with our food.

"Who the hell was that?" Emmy demands.

"Former girlfriend. Dare I ask if she was one of the four you slept with?" I see him start to answer but shake my head. "Never mind, if she was I might be tempted to go back and beat her with a chair."

"I want to know." Emmy says stalking up beside Iggy and glaring at him. "Did you sleep with that twig?"

"No. She left town after only a few dates." he says cautiously. When we get to the building I scoop him into my arms and take him straight up to my office.

"Emmy lock the door please." she does then walks over to us setting the food on the table as I turn to Iggy.

"You seemed awful happy to see a former girlfriend." I point out.