Page 113

"Now you see." Ephraim says. "Sure you might worry for his heart but you don't that he'll be hurt by someone. He can protect himself and others. Just what you need." I groan and drop to sit in the grass. My head in my hands. Iggy sighs. I wasn't getting out of this. But this wasn't fair to them. I sighed.

"Thanks Ephraim."

"You are most welcome feel free to call any time you are always wonderful to talk to." Iggy hangs up and pulls me to my feet. Then into step around to the front of the trailer.

"Iggy..." I start but stop. He turns and looks at me waiting for me to continue. "It isn't fair for me to ask you to share me yet again. To ask them to share me." he steps and gives me a kiss.

"Luke, baby, I knew before we finished our claim that as the first Alpha Dog in centuries that goddess would have something special in mind for you. I knew then that I'd take all of it on without question if it meant I got to claim you and have a family with you. You are descended of kings Luke, no king does anything without a lot of help. You said that the most you heard of for a king was six mates. He was an established Alpha and king. What do you think it would take to start from scratch and build a people again." I groaned.

"I'm only one person."

"Yes, which is why you need the help. All that's being asked of you from us is that you love us. Nothing more. You love us, none of us doubt that. He won't either. Now we need to talk to the others about this." I followed him in and let him do all the talking then waited for the fall out.

"So you really think he's supposed to be a mate?" Emmy asked.

"One way to know. Get him in here and see if we still want to knock his head off if we keep an open mind." She seemed to go with it. I looked at Honey who laughed.

"Oh Luke, you are gonna be so much fun to have as a mate life is never gonna be dull. I'm curious though if he's supposed to be a protector, those don't usually get pregnant, will he?" I looked at Iggy my eyes wide. He rolled his eyes.

"Condoms, we'll worry about that part of this later." I nod. Looking at Alex I see he's got something on his mind. I pull him over to stand between my legs where I'm sitting. He sits on one of my knees.

"Alex, sweetie, what is it?"

"Just that, where's he gonna sleep? He's huge." I laugh.

"That's what I said. Honestly I have no idea. I think we are gonna have to split up into two trailers.

"You know that might be good for us." Honey says.

"Why?" I ask.

"Well as it stands anytime the babies cry none of us can sleep we all get up. If we split up three here three in trailer three and switch say every couple nights. Then we could all get sleep and all get to be with the babies both. Two feed while the third makes bottles gets diapers that kind of thing. It could work out really well." that did have great appeal. Actual sleep some of the time.

"Well we can figure that out later. For now, is he even open to this. Just cause we think it's good doesn't mean he isn't going to run screaming from four other mates and four babies. Though he's shown he loves the babies." Iggy says. I hear whistling and look out the open window to see him coming in the yard.

"Now or never." I pop the door open. "Hey Donavan, can you come in here a sec." I saw Carrie peak out her door.

"Everything okay Alpha?"

"Yeah." she nods and goes back in. I glance at the crews working on the house a few are looking our way but they have learned to ignore us as much as we ignore them. I step back as he comes in. He looks around at us.