Page 53

I wake to a pillow hitting my face. I jerk it away to see Emmy up and staring at me.

"What is going on?" I ask. She points at me then at her crotch. I look at her then at myself. The condom broke. I reach of a tissue and pulled the tattered remains off and drop it in the trash.

"I'm not opposed to kids. I want them." she says from next to the bed. "But triplets are enough. If I get pregnant we are totally recruiting pack that can function as nannies." she says and slides onto the bed sighing. Iggy is sitting up behind me smiling.

"Why are you smiling?"

"Oh, just... I think it was the second orgasm while knotted that did it. Guess we'll have to be more careful next time. Assuming this doesn't get her pregnant." I shake my head at him. I think he enjoyed himself a little to much last night. Turning back to Emmy I take her hand.

"It'll be alright. Even if you have another set of three, we'll work it out. We've hit every curve ball so far what's one more." she tucked herself against my chest.

"Eventually we're gonna get one to many."

"That would be you, me and Ebony all pregnant together." Iggy said. Emmy barked out a laugh.

"Yeah that would do it." I glanced at the clock it was only three.

"What are you doing up so early anyway?" I asked.

"I had to pee. When I came back I saw the condom. I should be able to take a test by Friday to know for sure if I'm pregnant."

"Right. Lets lay back down it's another couple hours before we need to get up." we laid back down. I felt it when Iggy relaxed to sleep against my back, and I felt Emmy's head get heavy as she fell asleep. My brain was taunting me with the prospect of more than three kids. If I admitted it part of me was scared to death of more than what we were expecting, another part of me wanted her to be pregnant.

When my alarm went off I got up and into the shower. I dressed kissed my mates and went to work with coffee, grace and my briefcase. When I got home I worked a little while, ate dinner hung out with my mates, read over some of the material for the test Saturday. Tomorrow was Thursday, I wanted to go past the house on the way home and check on the progress myself and check on Carver and Trevor. My mates and I behaved ourselves and just slipped to sleep. I was ignoring the possibility of Emmy being pregnant. I was sure that they were discussing it themselves.

When morning came I showered, dress, got coffee, my briefcase and head to work with Grace. I was doing just fine, getting into a rhythm with work. I was down to four calls to make. I was leaving the unpleasant ones to last. The two I had planned today were two I wasn't sure about. Of the eleven I had made the day before, only one of them had given me a hard time and made me wonder about the kind of alpha he was when he wasn't kissing up and trying to be charming.

"Sir," I looked up at Matt, I had tried to get him to call me Luke but he just wouldn't do it. "Maggie wondered if you'd have a minute after lunch she wanted to stop by."

"Sure. I've got a meeting at one thirty with Paul, I'll be back by one baring me running away." I said laughing. "I hate paperwork." He chuckled and went off to deliver the message. He and the other secretaries had the floor below us. He was constantly up and down the stairs to me and to some of the others delivering paperwork, getting messages that kind of thing. I had noticed he was very professional but when we worked closely his eyes lingered on me. I ignored it and hoped it wouldn't become a problem. He was a great worker. I dialed the phone and waited for someone to answer.

"Pops Pizzeria, Caroline speaking." uh, it was supposed to be a direct line to the alpha of Silver Creek pack.

"Is James Oliver available."